COVID-19 Situation Report 3
The overall situation analysis of COVID-19 in Pakistan (6 April - 12 April, 2020)
- As of 12 April 2020, the total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in the country is 5,038 with 86 deaths (CFR 1.7%). The local transmission rate is 48%
- The Ehsaas emergency cash distribution of the PKR 144 billion (US$ 861 million) started on the 9th April and will reach 12 million families across the country
- The RCCE sector partners have reached over 50 million people through social media and robocall messages.
- Through existing community alliances in polio and health, 21,748 religious leaders are engaged and mobilised to promote social distancing and key messages on COVID-19 as well as encouraging praying at home.
- An additional 65 Health Care Facilities were provided with water, sanitation and hygiene promotion services this week reaching 70,596 people.