COVID-19 Situation Report 2
The overall situation analysis of COVID-19 in Pakistan (30 March - 5 April, 2020)
- As of 5 April 2020, there were 2,818 positive Coronavirus cases countrywide with Punjab continuing to be most affected province with 1,114 cases.
- The Government extended its lockdown across Pakistan until 14 April 2020 and the closure of all educational establishments to 31 May 2020.
- Prime Minister launch PKR 144 billion (US$ 861 million) Ehsaas Emergency Cash initiative reaching 12 million vulnerable families
- The RCCE sector partners have reached over 40 million people through social media and robocall messages and the Polio helpline, repurposed for Covid-19 response, has received a total of 966,889 calls.
- UNICEF has supported the installation of WASH facilities in 61 in designated health care /isolation/ quarantine facilities reaching 20,890 people.