Myanmar Landmine/ERW Incidents Information

Factsheet (January-October 2020)

Mine action
UNICEF Myanmar/2017/Patrick Brown

Highlights

During the first 10 months of 2020, 217 casualties were recorded, which is 96% of the total numbers (227) that were recorded for the whole year of 2019. Rakhine State accounts for approximately 50% of the total number of casualties, where 108 casualties were recorded in 2020 in comparison to 45 casualties in 2019 (this represents a 240% increase). Shan and Kachin represent 26% and 10% of the total number of casualties recorded in 2020 respectively. Children represent 34% of casualties from landmine and UXO explosions countrywide and Rakhine State accounts for the highest rate of child casualties with 44% in total.

Myanmar Landmine/ERW Incidents Information
Author
UNICEF
Publication date
Languages
English

Download

(PDF, 317,54 KB)