Consultancy - Communication and Advocacy, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Job Number: 531750 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Mongolia
Work Type: Consultancy
Scope of work and key tasks
- Support implementation of the country advocacy and communication strategy and associated work plan with Communication team under supervision and coordination of Communication Officer
- Support advocacy work: develop policy asks on child related development goals and initiate high level dialogues with targeted stakeholders on child rights;
- Support the risk communication and community engagement on COVID-19 and provide inputs to the situation reports on country office response. Support all Programme areas in communicating results, activities and efforts through different platforms
- When necessary, provide verbal and written translation for Representative and Deputy Representative at special events, public appearances and media appearances
- Support with content and messaging on UNICEF Mongolia’s digital platforms
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database.
- Support organization of press conferences and events, issuing of press releases and other media materials as needed
- Arrange media interviews for relevant programme areas and children’s issues with Representative or Programme officers
- Respond to local and international media requests in a timely manner in coordination with the the direct supervisor and relevant programme officers
- Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, National Committees, NGOs, the field and other appropriate audiences
- Write human interest stories, website stories, blogs and other communication materials and publish through internal and external platforms
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials and share results and findings
- Conduct timely and accurate monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure the communications objectives are met and the strategy is effective.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 10 June 2020 to 10 January 2021
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations
- Three years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast or digital media
- Fluency in Mongolian and English (verbal and written).
- Previous experience at UN agencies would be an asset.