Press centre

UNICEF in emergencies

UNICEF Executive Director

Join the conversation

Receive UNICEF news

Latest news

All press releases by date, subject, region.

UNICEF Ambassador Tom Hiddleston returns to South Sudan as the brutal conflict enters its fourth year
JUBA/LONDON, 30 NOVEMBER 2016 – UNICEF Ambassador Tom Hiddleston travelled to South Sudan last week to see how the brutal civil war continues to destroy the lives of vast numbers of children across the country.

Child rights agencies call on EU to put refugee and migrant children first
BRUSSELS, 29 November 2016 – European Union institutions and Member States must do more to protect refugee and migrant children, a statement signed by 78 agencies including Save the Children and UNICEF said today to mark the opening of the 10th European Forum on the Rights of the Child in Brussels.

Half a million children live under siege in Syria
NEW YORK/AMMAN/DAMASCUS, 27 November 2016 – As violence continues to escalate across Syria, the number of children living under siege has doubled in less than one year. Nearly 500,000 children now live in 16 besieged areas across the country, almost completely cut off from sustained humanitarian aid and basic services.

Statement on Turkey's Draft Bill on sexual abuse against children
ANKARA, Turkey, 21 November 2016 - UNICEF, UNFPA, UN Women and UNDP in Turkey, are deeply concerned by the draft Bill submitted to the Parliament during the legislative debates on November 17 which may lead to some type of amnesty for child abuse perpetrators on the condition that the perpetrator marries the victim.

Stop bombing schools and hospitals, says UNICEF
AMMAN, 21 November 2016 – “It has been a horrific week for Syria’s children – living and dying under the relentless bombardment of schools, homes and hospitals.

UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake statement on Universal Children’s Day: Protect the rights of every child
NEW YORK, 20 November 2016 – “Universal Children’s Day is more than a day to celebrate children everywhere. It is an annual opportunity to recommit ourselves to protecting the rights of every child. 

FC Barcelona and UNICEF mark 10-year partnership at post-match event
BARCELONA, 19 November 2016 – FC Barcelona and UNICEF today celebrate their 10-year partnership at FC Barcelona’s match against Malaga, and during a post-match event held at the club’s Camp Nou stadium.

All press releases by date, subject, region.

2 million people without water in Aleppo

Central America's child migration crisis