Job Number: 523047 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Lao,Peo.Dem.Rep
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Receptionist, at GS-3 level to be based in UNICEF Country Office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Service Officer, acts as Receptionist to the UNICEF Lao PDR Office and carries out additional typing ad secretarial duties. The incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results:
• Receives and screens incoming calls and transfer to appropriate Sections.
• Manages incoming and outgoing messages, mails and pouches
• Receives visitors to the office and provides information as appropriate.
• Keeps lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of UNICEF contacts, Government officials, diplomatic corps and UN Agencies and other institutions.
• Performs secretarial and typing functions for the office operations as required.
• Manages the car pool project, UNICEF cars and drivers
• Performs other duties as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and experience:
- Completion of secondary education
- Knowledge of modern office procedures
- Ability to learn and operate word-processing equipment.
- Two years’ experience in clerical functions.
- Experience as a receptionist and a fleet manager is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Lao languages is required.
- Knowledge of additional UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Wed Jun 12 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0700 (Indochina Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Tue Jun 25 2019 17:00:00 GMT+0700 (Indochina Time)