Job Number: 521149 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Lao,Peo.Dem.Rep
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR is looking for a qualified a National Education Consultant. The assignment expects to take a total of 8 months, starting from May 2019 - December 2019. The consultant will be based in Vientiane, Lao PDR with field travels to provinces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The national consultant will work as part of the UNICEF Lao PDR Education Team to support the MoES-UNICEF Education Programme, specifically in the four key areas of work, namely: 1) South East Asia Primary Learning Metrics (SEA-PLM); 2) National large-scale student assessments; 3) MoES-UNICEF Education Programme baseline survey and 4) Undertaking LSIS-II Education In-depth Analysis and Education Bottleneck Analysis.
Each of these four areas of work has a specific work plan respectively which has been/will be agreed between MoES and UNICEF, and therefore the consultant will provide necessary support according to the respective work plans.
The consultant will work closely with the MoES and other partners and key stakeholders.
The general scope of the work is to provide additional technical support in the following areas:
1) Planning and preparation of the M&E and analytical work in the mentioned areas, including developing detailed implementation plans, and collection and review of government and other reference materials;
2) Conduct of those M&E and analytical work, including data collection and consultations with the key stakeholders at the national, sub-national, school and community levels;
3) Analysis of collected information and data;
4) Analytical report writing;
5) Coordination with MoES and other key stakeholders at different levels; and
6) Technical translation and interpretation from English to Lao and vice versa as and when necessary.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Lao national
- University or higher degree in Education, Social Science or relevant areas
- Minimum 2-year of relevant professional experience, especially in development work, preferably in education
- Data literacy and good analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal communication skills; English and Lao working level language proficiency; Ability to accomplish tasks with quality within deadlines
- Familiarity with the education sector in Lao PDR as an asset
- Experience in working with the Government and with UN as an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Please find attached the Terms of Reference (ToR) for your reference. TOR National Education Consultant .pdf
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Thu Apr 04 2019 08:00:00 GMT+0700 (Indochina Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Apr 21 2019 17:00:00 GMT+0700 (Indochina Time)