Individual National Consultancy for Communication Immunization Plan 2019-2023 in Lao PDR
Closing date: 15 February 2020
Job Number: 529443
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Lao,Peo.Dem.Rep
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
Under the supervision of the Health and Immunization System Strengthening Specialist, the consultant will support the implementation of the EPI communication plan aimed at increasing immunization coverage. The consultant will be based in the Department of PHC of DHHP in Vientiane Capital with some travel to selected provinces and districts. It is expected that the consultant will start the assignment on March 2020 and completed by end January 2021.
The consultant will report to HSS manager of UNICEF Health and Nutrition Section. The consultant will be working closely with Communication section. He/she will be working on day-to-day basis with PHC and MCH of Department of Health and Hygiene Promotion.
Summary of key deliverables, timeline and payment schedule:
Deliverables linked to payment:
To be completed in March and April
To be completed in May, June, July and August
To be completed in September, October, November, December and January
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Post graduate degree in Social Communication or social/behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology)
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in communication for development interventions with an international development NGO or the UN.
- Ability to take good photographs
- Knowledge of working with social media channels, such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram or demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn to work with social media
- Computer skills, including some basic design skills
- Ability to travel to travel on short notice to provinces as required by the consultancy
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English and Lao required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- CV or Resume
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available)
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including travel and accommodation cost for this assignment as per work assignment.
The deadline for applications is 15 February 2020.
- Assessment Criteria:
A two-stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Applications shall therefore contain the following required documentation:
- Technical Proposal, including a cover letter, updated CV, and relevant documentation of 2 similar assignments performed earlier by the consultant.
- Financial Proposal: Lump-sum offer with the cost breakdown: Consultancy fee, travel costs (economy class), per-diem to cover lodging, meals, and any other cost related to the consultant's stay in Vientiane, including transportation inside the city and other costs. The travel (if involved) shall be based on the most direct and economy fare.
For evaluation and selection, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
a) Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 70%
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant area (10 points)
- Knowledge of the UN system incl. experience working for/with the participating UN organizations, UN joint programming incl. specific experience with UN joint programming for RMNCAH, and knowledge of the Lao context and health sector (30 points)
- Extensive experience in the design, monitoring and evaluation of RMNCAH programmes in developing country contexts (30 points)
- Quality of past work (e.g. understanding, methodology) (30 points)
b) Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 30%
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest financial proposal among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 60 points score in the technical evaluation. Other financial proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
The contract shall be awarded to the candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of a verification interview if needed.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Tue Jan 28 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0700 (Indochina Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Sat Feb 15 2020 17:00:00 GMT+0700 (Indochina Time)