EOI- LONG TERM AGREEMENTS FOR INSTITUTIONAL CUSTOMS CLEARANCE, WAREHOUSING & TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Closing date: 23rd October 2020
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR is seeking Expressions of Interest from the qualified companies to provide the customs clearance, warehousing & transportation services. In order to achieve further time and cost efficiency while ensuring outstanding quality of services, UNICEF wish to enter into a Long-Term Agreement (LTA) for this service. The assignment, under this LTA, is expected to have a duration of 5 years. The initial LTA would be for 2 years with an option for renewal with the possibility of extending for 2 additional years in subsequent years upon satisfactory performance evaluation. The assignment is expected to begin by the end of November 2020.
Key tasks under this assignment include:
This LTA is being established to serve the needs of all sections in UNICEF Lao PDR country programme related particularly to the customs clearance, warehousing & transportation services.
1. Customs Clearance service: The agent shall manage customs clearance of goods from the port of entry: for air freight consignment at Wattay International Airport, and sea freight consignment at Thanalaeng border/points in Vientiane Capital.
Air Import: (Program and Office Supplies) Airfreight clearance on tax- & duty-free basis.
- Provisional clearance pending confirmation & approval of documents
- Vaccine clearance based on pre release
- Transit clearance for supplies to destinations outside country
- Transhipment clearance Personal effects clearance
- Bond clearance: Supplies to destinations outside COUNTRY Discharge of COUNTRY Customs Transit Bonds
Sea import (Program and Office Supplies): Sea import clearance; loose and containerized cargo, motor vehicles on tax- & duty-free basis. Bond clearance pending tax exemption approvals. Transit clearance for supplies to destinations outside COUNTRY Persona l effects and staff motor vehicle clearance
2. Warehouse service: To provide the following services:
- Receipt of UNICEF supplies from Supply Division, offshore and local suppliers and UNICEF partners
- Post-delivery inspection for quality and quantity
- Storage of UNICEF supplies in a suitable, safe and secure warehouse in Vientiane Capital until further dispatch to partners and project sites.
- Repacking and re-labelling if required
- Picking and preparation of supplies for dispatch
- Dispatch of shipment in accordance with the release order and picking list
- Reporting on the supplies
3. Transportation service: The agent to several locations in Laos and any other destinations. It would require organizing road transportation. The agent will be responsible for the accuracy, completion, timing and presentation of a clean, signed waybill delivery note. The agent will also be responsible for insuring the goods during transportation.
Education, Qualifications and Experience Required:
The institution/company should have internal expertise in the following:
- Registered Logistics/ Warehousing service provider company.
- Should have adequate and fit for purpose fleet of transport vehicles. It may be subject to inspection by UNICEF.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional logistics challenges.
- Minimum five years’ experience in similar work.
- Any relevant experience with other UN agencies, INGOs.
- Availability of cold chain equipment and experience if required.
- Availability of customs bonded facility, if needed.
- Adequate trained and experienced staff to be able to run the operations smoothly and without delays.
- Good communication skills, ability to explain the issues to the client in verbal and written English.
At this stage, UNICEF is requesting confirmations of interest, along with the following information, to review and select potential companies for the upcoming bidding process. If you wish to participate in the planned solicitation, please provide the following:
- Brief company profile.
- Brief description on your area of expertise related to the customs clearance, warehousing & transportation services. As part of this,
please list specific services that your company offers and based on the assignments listed above (maximum 2 pages).
- Details of clients and projects worked on, including experience working with national counterparts, non-profit organizations/ UN
agencies/ other international organizations & multinationals.
- Any details of warehousing space for warehousing.
- Any details of fleet for transportation.
- Sample of works from previous projects.
If you wish to participate in the planned solicitation, please kindly respond by email or mail (subject reference: UNICEF Supply Unit) to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or at UNICEF, P.O. Box 1080, Vientiane, Lao PDR, no later than 23 Oct 2020.