LAO NATIONAL Individual Consultant to Communication Immunization Plan 2019-2023 in Lao PDR
Closing date: 9th October 2020
(FOR LAO NATIONAL ONLY) Individual Consultant to provide technical assistance as per Communication Immunization Plan 2019-2023 in Lao PDR
APPLY NOWJob no: 534429
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Expanded Programme Immunization, Consultancy
UNICEF is a UN organization mandated by the UN General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children's rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. In Lao PDR, UNICEF is working with its partners to support the Government to realize children's rights on survival, development, protection and participation.
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support
UNICEF in Vientiane, Lao PDR is looking for a Lao National Individual Consultant to provide technical assistance as per Communication Immunization Plan 2019-2023 in Lao PDR. The duration of this assignment starting 15 October 2020 to 30 June 2021. The consultant will be base in Vientiane and schedule of the assignment require approximately 90 days of journeys.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Assist to CCEH and facilitate province level advocacy meeting on Fully Imm. Village Model
- Coordinate FIVM tools development for endorsement at national level
- Assist in organizing three days district level workshop with identified stakeholders by selecting one or two health centers with low EPI coverage areas (village)
- Assist to hold a series of meetings at the village level to come up action plans that could include activities such as support for outreach teams transport, local incentives for VHVs, and involvement of other local level stakeholders.
- Use defaulter tracking tools for public display and line-listing of all eligible children;
- Participate in tracking children's vaccination status and report on fully immunized status of all the children in the village is maintained
- Facilitate a random survey or line-listing to ascertain that no child is left unvaccinated by the district/provincial coordination committee.
- Support district coordination committee to verify the results and ensure local leaders, media and teachers are involved in the initial verification process to certify that every child is vaccinated following the guidelines endorsed by the Ministry of Health.
- Develop the steps of district or provincial officials issuing a full immunization declaration for the concerned village.
- Assist a district in organizing a ceremony with involvement of senior health officials, political leaders, development partners, the local community, schools, the media, mothers groups and VHVs through large public celebrations.
- Assist stakeholders in identifying the gifts and prizes for awarding the involved persons by the provincial or district administration in appreciation of their hard work.
- Document with written reports and through photo and video evidence the FIVM approach and lessons learned for national scale-up
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will need to have:
- Post graduate degree in Social Communication or social/behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology)
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in communication for development interventions with an international development NGO or the UN.
- Technical expertise in communication, especially in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating immunization campaigns and routine EPI
- Experience in communication for accelerated disease controls would be useful
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Computer skills, including some basic design skills
- Ability to travel to travel on short notice to provinces as required by the consultancy
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English and Lao required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- CV or Resume
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available)
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including travel and accommodation cost for this assignment as per work assignment.
The deadline for applications is 9 October 2020
- Assessment Criteria:
A two-stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared.
Applications shall therefore contain the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal, including a cover letter, updated CV, and copies of 2 relevant evaluations performed earlier by the consultant.
2. Financial Proposal: Lump-sum offer with the cost breakdown: Consultancy fee, travel costs (economy class), per-diem to cover lodging, meals, and any other cost related to the consultant's stay in Vientiane, including transportation inside the city and other costs. The travel (if involved) shall be based on the most direct and economy fare.
No financial information should be contained in the technical proposal.
For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
a) Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 70 %
- Degree Education in 30 (30 points)
- Knowledge of 20 (20 points)
- Experience in 40 (40 points)
- Quality of past work (e.g. understanding, methodology) (10 points)
b) Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 30 %
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest Financial Proposal that is opened /evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 70 points score in the technical evaluation. Other Financial Proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
The Contract shall be awarded to candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of the verification interview.
every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.