All children learn in Ecuador
UNICEF Country Office
- Available in:
What do we do?
We work to ensuring that all children and adolescents in Ecuador learn in violence-free environments and have access to inclusive and quality education.
We support the Ministry of Education and partner organizations through strategies, tools and models to improve pre-primary, primary and secondary education ensuring that it is inclusive, of culturally relevant quality and focused on risk management.
We promote children and adolescents participation so they are able to express their opinions and be heard in educational and community centers, with programming that emphasizes learning and development of life skills, advocacy and a peace culture.
Our advise focuses on supporting:
- Policies that promote educational inclusion, with the Rural and Community Education Model that encourages pedagogical practices designed from the local level so that the teaching-learning process is contextualized and built with the entire school community.
- Monitoring the situation of students, teachers and families to identify the impacts of the pandemic on educational continuity, learning outcomes, new educational modalities and psychosocial support needs.
- Educational reinsertion strategies for adolescents who are behind in school that combine pedagogical leveling strategies and adolescent participation with the development of relevant transversal and labor skills, as part of the educational model.
- Active search and incorporation programs for adolescents who are out of school or at risk of dropping out of school with flexible education models.
- Training and professionalization of teaching staff with the expansion of the classroom tutoring model and support for contextualized curriculum development, specialized and adapted to their needs.
- The expansion of the digital repository of Intercultural Bilingual Education and Ethnoeducation with the inclusion of audiovisual materials that support intercultural bilingual institutions, and the training of teachers in the use of this resource.
- The development of pedagogical guides for children and adolescents with special educational needs not associated with disabilities to reinforce learning in this population.