APPLY NOW: Creative Intensive on Creating Mobile Content About Climate Change Issues
The two-day intensive is open for youth age 18-22
Want to learn how to create mobile content?
UNICEF Kyrgyzstan announces a call for applications for a creative intensive for young people on mobile content creation (video).
The event will take place from August 25-27, 2023, on the shores of Lake Issyk-Kul.
The main goal of the intensive is to promote climate change and environmental awareness through mobile content.
The program of the intensive includes:
- sessions on climate change and environmental issues
- training in the basics of shooting photo/video on a smartphone (mobileography)
- training in editing (in a mobile application)
- training in script writing
- training on finding reliable information and fact-checking.
Who can apply? (requirements)
- Age: 18 to 22 years old
- Kyrgyz Republic citizens
- Experience in using TikTok or Instagram
- Open accounts in TikTok or Instagram, whose content harmonizes with UNICEF values and ethical standards.
- Proficiency in the Russian and Kyrgyz language
Environment and climate change in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan is one of the most vulnerable countries in the region to climate change. The main challenges faced by residents, youth and children are air pollution, preserving the environment in its pristine and clean state, and respect for natural resources and wealth.
Young people across the country also play a big role in the issues of promoting climate conservation and the country's natural wealth. The more they write and talk about it, the sooner action will be taken.
Deadline: August 7, 2023.