ЮНИСЕФтеги бош орундар
Балдар үчүн дүйнөнү жакшы жагына өзгөртүүдө бизге жардам берүүнү каалайсызбы? ЮНИСЕФтин Кыргызстандагы жана дүйнөдөгү өкүлчүлүктөрүндөгү бош орундар менен таанышып чыгыңыз.
National consultancy to conduct final evaluation of the project "Promoting Kyrgyzstan`s youth cohesion and interaction towards Uzbekistan" (2019-2020)
Job Number: 533859 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Consultancy
RATIONALE, OBJECTIVE and USE OF THE EVALUATION
Conducting a summative evaluation of the project is one of key requirements under the Monitoring and Evaluation provision of the project that was planned to be conducted at the end of the project implementation.
The main objective of this summative evaluation is to assess whether the project has met its objectives, whether its objectives were relevant to the context. The evaluation would assess the circumstances influencing the project's achievements and the challenges that hindered it and to generate findings, lessons learned and recommendations regarding the relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the project results. It is essential that the evaluation measures the result of the project in terms of outcome and outputs it has delivered for target groups and beneficiaries.
Primary intended users of the evaluation results are the decision-makers from government, implementing partners, the implementing agencies UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPA, and the Peacebuilding Fund.
Secondary intended users are local self-government staff in project communities and project beneficiaries. Evaluation results will inform the Government's, Peacebuilding Fund's and Implementing UN Agencies' future programs and provide evidence for further implementation or scale up of joint action plans between the bordering countries. The evaluation report and management response will be made public.
The evaluation will cover all project activities during the period from January 1, 2019 to November 15, 2020.
Geographically, the evaluation will cover remotely at least four out of nine target municipalities in Osh (Kara-Suu, Kashkar-Kyshtak, Tepe-Korgon), Jalalabad (Kerben, Kashka-Suu, Kok-Serek) and Batken (Aidarken, Birlik, Suu-Bashy) provinces. Target municipalities will be identified at the Inception phase.
Since all project activities took place in Kyrgyzstan, all evaluation activities will take place on the Kyrgyz side of the border as well. If some key informants from the Uzbek authorities or youth will be identified as crucial in the Inception Phase or in the course of the evaluation, their inclusion will be considered.
Due to the epidemiological situation and social distancing requirements related to Covid-19, remote data collection methods will be employed. Remote data collection might entail limitations and challenges such as lack of direct interaction and different group dynamics during online focus groups, limited access to the Internet or mobile phone by target respondents, low bandwidth for some participants, etc. Also due to the Covid-19 situation, there might be delays in response and cancellations due to respondents' health or care responsibilities of their family members. In order to address some of the limitations implementing partners will provide support by providing space and access to the Internet from their premises for target respondents with limited access to the Internet or mobile phones. Fieldwork timeline was also extended from initial two weeks to three weeks in order to allow the evaluation team to reach as many respondents as possible. This and other issues with regards to data collection logistics and arrangements will be discussed and agreed during the inception phase.
This summative evaluation intends to answer the questions as per all the OECD-DAC criteria for evaluation but with a specific attention to relevance, coherence, efficiency and effectiveness.
DUTY STATION AND OFFICIAL TRAVELS INVOLVED
Due to Covid-19 situation no travel is foreseen under this assignment for international and national consultant.
The evaluation team will consist of one international consultant (Team Leader) and one national consultant. It is expected that national consultant will work for 55 days.
The evaluation team Leader will be in charge of leading the entire process through working with the team member and the Evaluation manager. The Team leader will be responsible for timely and quality deliverables of the entire process as well as of the evaluation outputs.
A national consultant (team member) will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master's degree or higher) in political science, sociology or any other related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in evaluation of programmes and projects involving youth, vulnerable categories and grass-root organizations;
- Experience in using participatory techniques in data collection, including in particular gender-sensitive and child-friendly participatory techniques is essential;
- Knowledge of the political, social, peacebuilding contexts of Kyrgyzstan;
- Technical knowledge and expertise in peacebuilding, conflict resolution and cross cutting issues such as gender is an asset;
- Very strong written and spoken communication and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in oral and written English, Russian is required. Knowledge of Kyrgyz and/or Uzbek is an asset;
- Experience collaborating with UNICEF or other UN agencies;
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES OF A NATIONAL CONSULTANT
- Undertake systemic desk review of program related documentation and available program data in Russian language or as per internal division with international consultant;
- Contribute to the development of the Inception and Final Reports;
- Contribute to development and translation of the survey;
- Compile e-mail addresses for the survey;
- Undertake the field work (interviews, group meetings, survey) where Russian language is required or as per division of labour with the international consultant;
- Present preliminary key findings from desk review and field work to ERG;
- Provide at least three human interest stories;
- Develop evaluation results summary with policy recommendations.
This is not a full text of the proposal due to space limitation. Please, download full text of the proposal here:_aldT0jAjI1-wRSv7N/view?usp=sharing