FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT UNICEF JAMAICA
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) has been active in Jamaica since 1964 and a country office was opened in 1977.
1. What are the names and functions of staff members of UNICEF Jamaica?
Office of the Representative
Adolescent Health and Empowerment
Mrs. Melva Armstrong – Operations Manager
Mrs. Sharon Foster – Finance Assistant
Ms. Sandra Brown – Administrative Assistant
Mr. Christopher Pinnock – Senior IT Assistant
Mr. Lloyd Jones – Driver
Mr. Michael Powell – Driver
2. How does UNICEF provide funding for projects?
The mission, mandate and values of the organization must be compatible with those of UNICEF and should have a clear position on not exposing beneficiaries, including children, to any form of discrimination, abuse and exploitation. A standard proposal form must be completed for all projects requesting support. There are also guidelines accompanying the proposal form which will provide useful information about UNICEF’s funding rules. You may request relevant information from the Deputy Representative, Lone Hvass, at email@example.com
3. What type of activities/projects does UNICEF provide funding for?
1) Quality Education
2) Adolescent Health and Empowerment
3) Child Protection
4) Cross-Sectoral: Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication
4. How do I get multi-media material from UNICEF?
Please contact the Communication Specialist, Mrs. Allison Hickling: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What are the requirements for consultancies with UNICEF?
6. Does UNICEF provide scholarships?
7. Can I volunteer with UNICEF?
UNICEF does not enlist volunteers. We may refer qualified individuals who are interested in specific volunteer opportunities to our various partners who implement the projects or programmes we support.
8. How can I contact the UNICEF Jamaica office?
Email us at: email@example.com