UNICEF India COVID-19 Situation Report No. 2
1-31 May 2020
- 744 million people received UNICEF messages on COVID-19 prevention and access to services. This includes 29.6 million people directly engaged through Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE).
- 1,325,000 people received critical WASH supplies and 1,472,000 healthcare facility staff and community health workers were trained in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC). 1.35 million healthcare providers were trained in detecting, referral and management of COVID-19 cases
- 29.4 million children received distance/home-based learning and 152,000 children and primary caregivers received community based mental health and psychosocial support
- 38,000 UNICEF personnel and partners were trained on gender-based violence risk mitigation and referrals
- 56,800 Gram Panchayats, 286,000 field functionaries, and 250,000 Self Help Groups were supported by coordinating access to the delivery of critical, life-saving relief services and access to social protection benefits for community members and returned migrants
(PDF, 642,65 KB)