Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Survey Round 3 - Guyana
This survey focuses on the knowledge, attitudes and practices to prevent COVID-19
The Ministry of Public Health in partnership with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is conducting the third (3rd) round of their Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) survey on the COVID 19 (Coronavirus) pandemic in Guyana.
The coronavirus continues to spread across the world and the numbers in Guyana have been increasing over the last months. This Survey seeks to find out how individuals perceive the situation and behave in response to it with an aim to provide a better understanding of how people in Guyana experience the crisis caused by the Coronavirus and will focus on the knowledge, attitudes and practices to prevent COVID-19. The data collected data will provide baseline, mid-line and end-line values depending on the specific interventions.
This round seeks to assess the Mental Wellness of a sample of Children including Adolescents, Youth, Women and Men, residing in all 10 administrative regions. All the information provided will remain strictly confidential and only used for the purposes of this survey. While participation is voluntary, the survey provides citizens with an opportunity to inform efforts and strategies towards flattening of the curve and stop the spread of the COVID19 pandemic.
Here is what you should know.
- The survey is being conducted by telephone interviews (interviewers will call your homes and ask you a few questions), online surveys (you may receive an email/WhatsApp asking you to complete the survey) There is also a survey for Adolescents which parents need to approve. In the hinterland, your health-care worker, social workers, and or community leader may request your participation.
- Persons can visit UNICEF and MoPH websites and take the survey (see links below)
- The survey will take about 10 minutes to complete and no names will be recorded
- The interviewers for this survey will not request, money, cellphone credit or any other human, financial or material resources or request to see or meet respondents.
- All the information will remain strictly confidential and will only be used for the purposes of this survey. While participation is voluntary, if you participate in this survey, you will be helping families like yours to stop the spread of the COVID19 pandemic.
- Should you have any questions, please call