If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a TA for a Donor Relations Specialist, P-3, UNICEF Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office Nairobi.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Communication, Social Sciences or related fields.
• Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, some at the international level.
• Strong planning/organizing, and networking/relating skills
• Strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge and experience in writing for UNICEF and demonstrated experience in editing strategic documents as well as internal and external communication materials.
COMPETENCIES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Besides fluency in written and spoken English, the following competencies are required (LI, LII and LIII indicate the level required on a three point scale, LIII being the highest):
UNICEF Core Values
• Diversity and Inclusion (LII)
• Integrity (LII)
• Commitment (LII)
UNICEF Core Competencies
• Drive for Results (LII)
• Communication (verbal and written) (LII)
• Working with People (LII)
UNICEF Functional Competencies
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts (LII)
• Entrepreneurial Thinking (LIII)
• Relating and Networking (LII)
• Analysing (LII)
• Planning and Organizing (LII)
UNICEF’s salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common System; visit www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances for further information.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their complete Personal History (P11) form, which can be downloaded from the UNICEF Kenya website (https://www.unicef.org/kenya), up-to-date CV/resume, as well as a cover letter explaining what makes them suitable for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 March 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.