If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a TA for Rakhine State Education Specialist, Rakhine-Myanmar.
Please see Terms of Reference
Expected Background and Experience:
Advanced university degree in education/social sciences
At least 5 years experience in provision of education services in emergency operations including in conflict settings; expertise in rapid assessments and education gap analysis; good planning and management skills excellent writing and presentation skills; ability to work productively in a multi-cultural environment; and willingness to travel under difficult conditions.
Fluency in English and a UN working language. Fluency in the local working language of the duty station an asset.
- Has high -level communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
- Sets, develops and revises organizational strategy and develops clear visions of the programme.
- Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups. Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders.
- Identifies urgent and potentially risky decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates organization-wide activities. Adheres to “do no harm” principle.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
How to Apply:
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send an updated UN Personal History Form P11 and CV to email@example.com. The deadline to receive applications is 20 September 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.