If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Temporary Appointment for GS-5 Fund Monitoring Assistant in PFP, Geneva
Please see Terms of Reference.
Qualifications and Experience of Successful Candidate:
Completion of secondary education. Good knowledge of UN automated systems and software applications (Word, Excel, SAP VISION, Cognos, PowerPoint) will be required. Training in the field of accounting, financial administration or related field is desirable.
Minimum of 6 years work experience, three of which should be in accounting, financial administration or related work with emphasis on computer application. Proven ability to work with numbers and currency exchanges is essential. Knowledge of UNICEF structures and finance systems required.
English: Proficiency (oral /written)
French: Working Knowledge
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
• Good organizational abilities, accuracy and capacity for initiative, analysis, problem-solving and negotiation
• Strong team player with experience of complex environments
• Computer literate with a good knowledge of relevant computer software applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, SAP)
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Good communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills
UNICEF’s salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common System; visit www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances for further information. UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed and up-to-date UN Personal History Form (P.11) and or CV/resume, as well as a covering letter explaining what makes them suitable for this position, to: email@example.com (quoting “Application Fund Monitoring Assistant TA”) by 13 September 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.