If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Contracts Specialist (Services). P-3, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Please see Terms of Reference
Advanced university degree in Procurement, Contract or Commercial Law, Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
*A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and 7 years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Five years of relevant international professional work experience in procurement/contracting for high value, high risk and complex procurement /contracting of services. An understanding or working knowledge of the UN or a similar organization/NGO is an added advantage.
Languages: Fluency in English is required and knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
1) Core Values (required)
· Diversity and Inclusion
2) Core Competencies (required)
· Communication (II)
· Drive for results (II)
· Working with people (II)
3) Key Functional Competencies (required)
· Applying Technical Expertise (II)
· Deciding and Initiating Actions (II)
· Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
· Planning and Organizing (II)
4) Specific technical knowledge (required)
· Knowledge of the contracting business process for services preferably high value risk inherent complex contracting for consultancy services.
· Working knowledge of building cases to management and/or Contracts Review Committee for the approval of high value contracting process for services.
· Technical knowledge (service knowledge, market research/analysis) required for Supply Management/Purchasing/Contracting.
· Contracts and relationship management skills and expertise.
· Working knowledge of Financial Information Management System especially Procurement/contracting modules.
Please send detailed resume, cover letter and completed United Nations Personal History Form (or Candidate Overview document if you have a profile in the UNICEF e-recruitment system), in English, quoting “Contracts Specialist (Services), P3, TA” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UN Personal History form can be found at the following web address: https://www.unicef.org/supply/index_employment.html.
Kindly note that applications should be in English. Kindly also note that candidates will be assessed on foundational and functional competencies and that diversity and gender balance are also factors in the selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Queries can be directed to Ms Vibeke Martensson at email@example.com.
Applications for this position must be received by 27 August 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.