If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a EMERGENCY Specialist, Regional Emergency Advisor (REA), TACRO, Panama City, Panama
Please see Terms of Reference
- Master’s or equivalent in international affairs, relations, human rights, economics, business, political science
- Five to seven years of experience in humanitarian action, Disaster Risk Reduction, disaster preparedness and response at international level including two to three years of work in WASH in emergency with focus on provision of sectorial coordination, promotion of national capacity development, preparedness and response to emergencies
- Proven experience and knowledge of humanitarian/development interagency coordination work and understanding of the work of Interagency Standing Committee’s ( IASC) like coordination bodies at regional and country level preferably in Latin America and the Caribbean region.
- Familiarity with UNICEF internal procedures especially of the work in humanitarian action context can be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian action agenda especially in relation to the application of the principles of the Humanitarian Reform and the Transformative Agenda.
- Proven expertise in organizing/ facilitating and lead/co-lead simulation exercises with multi-stakeholders (i.e UN, NGOs, Governmental actors).
- Capacity to work with multidiscipline groups and good capacity for coordination, analysis and synthesis.
- Able to work independently and in constant communication with the emergency team and emergency focal points in the region.
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and English mandatory. Fluency of French highly desirable.
How To Apply:
Send your signed Personal History Form (P-11 form attached) and CV and to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 July 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.