If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Deputy Director, Office of Internal Audit and Investigations, D-1, New York.
The post will work with the OIAI Director to give general oversight and direction to various activities of OIAI, and to monitor the quality of OIAI’s major outputs. The incumbent will also provide leadership in supporting and advising the OIAI Director in the areas of strategy, work planning, quality assurance and professional practices. He/She will work with the OIAI Director to manage OIAI’s relationships with key stakeholders including: Senior Management; Audit Advisory Committee; oversight functions; and the Executive Board. The incumbent will also deputize for the OIAI Director from time to time as needed.
- Work with the OIAI Director to give general oversight and direction to various activities of OIAI, and deputize for the OIAI Director from time to time as needed.
- Work with the OIAI Director to monitor the quality of OIAI’s major outputs.
- Provide leadership in supporting and advising the OIAI Director in the areas of strategy, work planning, quality assurance and professional practices.
- Coordinate and oversee OIAI’s annual risk assessment and work plan development exercise; OIAI’s quality assurance and improvement program; and the maintenance of OIAI tools and technology, including audit/investigation manuals and guidelines.
- Oversee the provision to Member States, and other approved external parties, access to internal audit reports in accordance with disclosure policies approved by UNICEF’s Executive Board.
- Oversee the work of the secretariat for the Audit Advisory Committee and the management of OIA’s budget, training program and recruitment of staff.
- Manage the timely delivery of quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports to Senior Management, the Executive Board, and the Audit Advisory Committee.
- Work with the OIAI Director to manage OIAI’s relationships with key stakeholders including: the Audit Advisory Committee; Senior Management; external auditors and other oversight functions; and Executive Board.
- Together with the OIAI Director, proactively keep the Senior Management, Audit Advisory Committee, Executive Board and OIAI staff informed of emerging trends, developments and practices affecting the professions of internal auditing and investigations.
- Lead special assignments dealing with OIAI products, methods, and procedures as requested by the OIAI Director.
Advanced university degree in a relevant field; or a university degree combined with appropriate professional qualifications (e.g. Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent) from reputable professional bodies.
At least 13 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in programme or operations management and/or in internal audit, a significant part of it in an international environment.
Experience in guiding and overseeing investigations would be desirable, and experience in leading a team of multi-disciplinary staff in a multi-cultural environment is also desirable.
Experience with the United Nations system or a multilateral or bilateral development organization is an advantage.
Fluency in English, and working knowledge in one other UN language.
This is a readvertisement of VN-12-013 from 17 July 2012. Interested candidates should re-apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.