Grant Management/ Public Health Consultancy - Consultancy - Addis Ababa - 12 November 2013
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE QUOTE THE CONSULTANCY TITLE, AND VACANCY NOTICE No. as follows: (Grant Management/ Public Health Consultancy, ECO/VN - 94/2013)
POST TITLE: Grant Management/ Public Health Consultancy
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa
Consultancy fee: Negotiable
Contract duration: 11 months
Closing date: 12 November 2013
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, is inviting applications for this position.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
Under the general supervision of Finance Resource Mobilization Directorate Director or Grant Management Unit in the Federal Ministry of Health as first supervisor and Chief of Health in UNICEF as second supervisor, the consultant is responsible for the provision of technical Assistant to FMOH in planning, resource mobilization/grant management & coordination.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POST INCLUDE:
• Play a key role in all the process of pre-award capacity assessment to be conducted by development partners by coordinating grant finance, program and resource mobilization staffs in line with providing all necessary documents they need.
• Assist in all aspects of grant proposal writing, award process including but not limited to reviewing proposal document and budget, reviewing grant agreement including all specified terms and conditions stated by the development partner and participate in grant negotiation process.
• Interpret, communicate and enforce compliance with development partners’ policies and procedures;
• Maintain complete documentation for the grant and provide information as required;
• Play a key role in the preparation of grants work plan, detail implementation budget and cash flow projections and analysis in collaboration with program staff, grant finance staff and SRs;
• Ensures timely preparation and submission of deliverables to DPs, including work plan, procurement plan, program and financial reports, close out plans, and audit reports
• Regularly monitor program progress and budget performance, write regular grant reports, in collaboration with different FMOH Directorates and Regional Health Bureau, and take appropriate actions as required.
• Coordinate preparation of close out plan as per the grant agreement;
• Closely follow up and ensure that activities are implemented timely as per the plan;
• Ensure that all the required documents are submitted to DPs in a timely manner, follow up for comment and finalize the close out process.
• The consultant will be based in Addis Ababa FMoH/PPDG/FRMD office with field travel
• The FMoH is responsible to arrange transportation for field work, provide office & computer.
• The consultant will be paid on the basis of Agreement of performance of work for one year, & arrangement for payment will be monthly after the performance evaluation of submission and acceptance of short report.
• The consultants will be reporting to the FMoH, FRM directorate/grant management unit. The consultant shall be paid from the Health Pool Fund on the basis of UNICEF’s scale.
• Assist the FMoH in developing readymade proposals for different health programmes;
• Long term & short-term (annual) resource mapping developed;
• A comprehensive analytical report on financial gap will be developed;
• Coordinate partners plan with the health sector plan;
• Coordinate and participate in the preparation of health sector budget plan;
• Perform field visit to monitor programme implementation;
• Build the capacitate professionals in the Directorate;
• Coordinate the health insurance project.
Education requirements: Advanced University degree in public health related fields.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years professional work experience in health related planning of programs, management of projects and financial utilizations, Skills in proposal writing and reporting writing, Experience in coordination, communication decision making, committed to achieve results, relationship-building partnering and networking especially with government and international Development partners, familiarity with health systems policies and sector reform processes; ability to promote team work between MoH & DPs. Proficiency in computer software internet and computer-based management tools.
Language requirement: Fluency in English and knowledge of the local working language of the duty station.
Nationality: Candidates should be nationals of Ethiopia.
Competencies: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Communication , Working with People, Drive for Result, Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts , Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Creating and Innovating.
Applications must include motivation letter, an updated CV, and a completed UN Personal History Form (P-11) available at goo.gl/9mvar
Please DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS, ACADEMIC DEGREES OR RECOMMENDATION LETTERS WITH THE APPLICATION.
UNICEF and UN candidates must also include two recent Performance Evaluation Reports.
Please deliver/send your application to: Human Resources Manager, UNICEF-Ethiopia, Opposite ECA Compound, Adjacent to German House, P.O. Box 1169, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Only short listed candidates will be contacted