1. What is UNICEF doing in Ethiopia and where does it operates?
UNICEF Ethiopia work closely with the Government of Ethiopia and other partners in the realisation of the rights of the children and women in Ethiopia based on the programmes and projects developed and agreed upon by the Government of Ethiopia and UNICEF. The programme and projects operating nationally and/or in selected regions falls under the following areas:
- Survival and Health
- Learning and Development
- Protective Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Analysis, Communication and Participation
2. Where is UNICEF Ethiopia located?
UNICEF house is located opposite the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and the German House.
3. When was it established?
UNICEF’s cooperation with Ethiopia began in 1952 and the office was established in 1958.
4. Whom do I contact in UNICEF Ethiopia?
Telephone: +251 115 184000;
5. Where do I get data on children and women in Ethiopia in relation to UNICEF activities?
Official UNICEF data for Ethiopia is available at https://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/ethiopia_statistics.html