Terms and Conditions
School Super Hero Comic Contest
TO ENTER OUR CALL
- Enter our submission call through our online application from October 5 - November 4, 2018, 23:59 EST.
- Make sure your submission includes your superhero name, their superpower to make schools safe, one of their school-saving adventures (a simple storyline of maximum 1600 characters) and attach a doodle/drawing/sketch of what they look like via our online form. Only one application per participant is allowed.
- Your submission MUST include an attached graphic for us to consider it- but don’t worry, we love stick figures.
- Your submission must be your own and you must own the copyright of the graphic representation, storyline and concept.
- Only superhero submitted during the call dates will be considered by our selection panel.
- All young people up to 25 years old, from all countries, are eligible. Proof of age may be required to demonstrate eligibility.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must discuss your interest in taking part with your parents or guardians BEFORE applying. In the application, you will be asked to provide a contact detail of your parents/guardians. Only applicants below the age of 18, whose parents/guardians have given consent, will be considered as potential finalists.
SELECTION PROCESS AND WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- UNICEF creative editors and a member of our publishing partner Comics Uniting Nations will select up to 25 entries submitted via the entry form available on this website. Selection of top comic superheroes will be based on creativity, originality and strength of concept. Finalists will be contacted in advance to the global vote to confirm their participation and to provide proof of age and identity.
- Between 23-30 November 2018, participants and the public are encouraged to vote for their favourite superheroes/heroines in this website.
- Participants and the public may vote on an unlimited number of entries, but only one vote per entry.
- UNICEF reserves the right to disallow any entry that appears to have received malicious or fraudulent votes.
- Voting closes on 30 November, 23:59 EST.
- The global winner will be the entry that receives the most votes and will be announced in January in UNICEF social media and digital channels, including this website. The winner will be contacted prior to the public announcement.
- The global winner will work with an artist and vendor to bring his/her superhero/heroine and their story to life.
- The comic will be launched between 8-19 July 2019 online and at the United Nations High Level Political Forum where Education and Peace goals are under review. The winner will be asked to participate in the global launch activations which may require traveling.
- The winning comic, along with finalists’ submissions may be showcased on UNICEF’s social media channels, as well as at major global events like ComicCon, the United Nations High Level Political Forum, and the United Nations General Assembly at UNICEF’s own discretion.
- From the opening of this contest on October 5, UNICEF will feature submitted entries and finalists’ work at its own discretion. Names of individuals may or may not be included with the featured superhero/heroines when published on the UNICEF websites, social media or in any other medium, digital and printed, at UNICEF’s discretion.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the submission call, you accept the following terms and conditions. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent that a parent or legal guardian also agrees to these terms and conditions on your behalf.
DATA PRIVACY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You confirm that you are the owner of your submission, including the superhero creative treatment, graphic representation, storyline and concept, and that no third party has any right or claim to your submission. The copyright in any submission shall remain your property, but by entering the submission call, you grant to UNICEF, its assigns, licensees and successors, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, worldwide license to use, edit, adapt, modify, store, copy, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, publish, and disseminate your submission, including your superhero creative treatment, graphic representation, storyline and concept for UNICEF’s communication purposes. You acknowledge and agree that UNICEF is not obligated to utilize any of the materials for the use of which you have granted the right to UNICEF hereunder. UNICEF will credit you by using your name, age, and/or country whenever possible when using your submission materials.
By participating, you agree to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless UNICEF, its assigns, licensees, successors, representatives, the selection panel, donors, partners, and any party associated with the development or administration of the submission call, from any and all liability in connection with the submission call or any submission-related activities, including without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demand or actions of any kind.
UNICEF reserves the right to reject submissions that we deem abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of any laws, including copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable. Entries must be suitable to be broadcasted, publicly displayed, published or used online by UNICEF for audiences of all ages.
UNICEF will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, or misdirected submissions, or for unauthorized human intervention, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. UNICEF is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the submission call, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors.
If, for any reason, the submission call is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of fraud, act of God, or any other factor beyond UNICEF’s reasonable control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this submission call, UNICEF reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the submission call without prior notice.
Entrants may withdraw their entry by sending written notice to email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT TO KEEPING SCHOOLS SAFE TO LEARN!