Our priorities for children in Europe and Central Asia
Video message from Regional Director Afshan Khan
02 March 2018
UNICEF’s priorities for children in Europe and Central Asia:
- Include all children in quality education and support their learning.
- Improve access to quality health services, and help vulnerable families care for their children in homes that are safe and stimulating.
- Improve social protection and social-work systems to protect children from violence and prevent the unnecessary separation of children from their families.
- Monitor and work to end child poverty by making sure more children and families get help through social protection support such as child benefits.
- Equip adolescents to reach their potential and take their place in society.
- Make sure all refugee and migrant children have access to the services they need, and ensure these children’s full inclusion in their new communities.