UNICEF PARENTING TIPS SUBMISSION RULES
TO ENTER OUR CALL
- Enter our submission call from 7 June 2018, 00:01 GMT to 18 June 2018, 17:00 GMT.
- Share your parenting tip via Instagram or Twitter adding a photo or a video. You may also use the campaign’s website upload option to upload your parenting tip.
- All your entries must include the hashtag #EarlyMomentsMatter, or its translation in UNICEF’s official languages #LaPrimeraInfanciaImporta #LesPremiersMomentsComptent #成长早期至关重要 #اللحظات_الأولى_مهم.
- You must hold the copyright of all photos or videos you submit.
- Only parenting tips submitted during the call dates will be considered for inclusion in the website’s Gallery.
- You may enter as many parenting tips as you like.
- People 18 years old and over are eligible, but we especially encourage fathers and caregivers to join this call. All countries are eligible, including all languages.
- If your parenting tips, with a photo or video, includes recognizable individuals (people), you are responsible for obtaining the necessary permission from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide proof of this permission in writing to UNICEF, if requested.
SELECTION PROCESS TO RECEIVE ONE OF THE THREE SURPRISE GIFTS
- UNICEF will use the content aggregator utilized to draw at random up to 50 parenting tips from all submissions featured in the website’s Gallery.
- UNICEF creative editors will select up to three parenting tips from the 50 selected at random, to receive a gift. Selection of the three parenting tips will be based on best use of key message: 80% of your baby’s brain is formed by the age of 3. With every hug and every kiss, with every nutritious meal and game you play with them you’re helping to build your baby’s brain.
- The three selected entries will be announced on or after the end of June, stay tuned! We will have one gift donated by Sesame Workshop, one gift donated by the LEGO Group and one signed soccer ball donated by one of our favourite super dads and Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham.
- Winners will be contacted through Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with a @mention or Direct Message on or after 20 June. Winners must contact UNICEF and provide the following information within 5 business days to claim their prize:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Valid email.
- Country of origin.
- Social media handles for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, if available.
- A short description of why you think your parenting tip is important. If you have any children of your own or you are a caregiver, tell us how many children you have in your life and what their ages are. And hey, what do you wish you had known before becoming a parent or a caregiver?
- Winners will only receive one prize, and which prize they receive will be decided by UNICEF. This decision cannot be disputed in any way.
- Failure to provide full information within 5 business days will result in disqualification and alternate winners will be contacted.
- From the opening of this call 7 June 2018, UNICEF will feature submitted parenting tips, with or without photos or videos, at its own discretion on the UNICEF websites, social media or in any other medium, digital and printed, at UNICEF’s discretion. The names of individuals and social media handles may or may not be included with the submitted parenting tips when published.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the submission call, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- DATA PRIVACY
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You confirm that you are the copyright holder of your submission, including the parenting tips and accompanying photos/videos, and that no third party has any right or claim to your submission. The copyright in any submission shall remain your property, but by entering the submission call, you hereby grant to UNICEF, its assigns, licensees and successors, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, worldwide license to use, edit, adapt, modify, store, copy, reproduce, display, publish, and disseminate your submission, including your parenting tips and accompanying photos/videos, your name, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter handle, for UNICEF’s communication purposes. You acknowledge and agree that UNICEF is not obligated to utilize any of the materials for the use of which you have granted the right to UNICEF hereunder.
By participating, you agree to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless UNICEF, its assigns, licensees, successors, representatives, the selection panel, donors, partners, and any party associated with the development or administration of the submission call, from any and all liability in connection with the submission call or any submission-related activities, including without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demand or actions of any kind.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
UNICEF reserves the right to reject entries that we deem abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of any laws, including copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable. Entries must be suitable to be broadcasted, published or used online by UNICEF for audiences of all ages.
UNICEF will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, or misdirected submissions, or for unauthorized human intervention, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. UNICEF is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the submission call, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors.
If, for any reason, the submission call is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of fraud, act of God, or any other factor beyond UNICEF’s reasonable control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this submission call, UNICEF reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the submission call without prior notice.
Entrants may withdraw their entry by deleting their public post in Twitter or Instagram or by sending written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DONATED GIFTS BY
Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham
THANK YOU FOR MAKING EARLY MOMENTS MATTER!