Evidence-based recommendations for Equateur's Ebola outbreak
Key recommendations from the Social Sciences Analysis Unit for Ebola Response Teams in Equateur.
Based on the analysis of social science data and lessons learned from the ninth and tenth Ebola outbreaks in DRC, the following six guidelines should guide the response to the eleventh Ebola oubreak:
- Ensure an inclusive approach to women as well as a local, adapted and community-based approach;
- Prioritize community-based surveillance;
- Integrate the protection of children from the disease into all dimensions of the response;
- Organize dignified and secure burials in agreement with communities and families;
- Strengthen primary health care in affected areas;
- Place communities at the center of strategic and programmatic decisions in the response.
(PDF, 149,53 KB)