Join us on World Children’s Day
A day to reimagine a better future for every child in Cambodia
World Children’s Day is UNICEF’s annual day of action for children, by children.
This year, their lives have been upended by an unprecedented global pandemic - they have missed out on access to education, healthcare & food, and suffered protection risks.
The cost children bear is not only immediate but also long lasting - every decision we make will have a tremendous impact in their lives. That’s why recovery must put children first.
We must build back better. We must build together. And we must build with children. That’s how we’ll create a better world for every child.
We all have a part to play. What will yours be?
WHAT CAN I DO?
- Tell us how you reimagine your own future.
- Help children know their rights and reimagine their futures.
- Get inspired by the voices of remarkable children.
Read our representative vision’s for reimagining the future of Cambodia, co-written in consultation with young people.
- Read UNICEF’s Reimagine report, calling on partners, governments, and supporters to build a better post-pandemic world. here: https://www.unicef.org/eap/reports/recover-rebound-reimagine
WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN?
UNICEF and partners are calling on all governments to adopt a Six Point Plan to Protect our Children.
- Ensure all children learn, including by closing the digital divide.
- Guarantee access to primary health care and make vaccines affordable and available to every child.
- Support and protect the mental health of children and young people and bring an end to abuse, gender-based violence, and neglect in childhood.
- Increase access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene and address environmental degradation and climate change.
- Reverse the rise in child poverty and ensure an inclusive recovery for all.
- Redouble efforts to protect and support children and their families living through conflict, disaster and displacement.