Corporate Fundraising and Engagement Consultant (national consultancy)
Deadline for applications is 15 May 2019
Opening Time: Thu Apr 18 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)
Closing Time: Wed May 15 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
How can you make a difference?
The consultant is expected to support the Country Office to expand, consolidate and leverage a high-level network with existing and prospective corporate partners. The consultant will work under the supervision of the Head of the Fundraising Unit.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with strategic corporate partners and prospects from the business community in Bulgaria. Seek opportunities to generate further income through innovative solutions;
- Conduct a mapping and due diligence screening of potential high value partners from targeted business sectors in the country;
- Develop a market research, in order to identify the appropriate corporate pathway to pledge partners;
- Lead the process of partnership proposals development;
- Support the development and implementation of annual work plans aiming on maximization of income and non-financial contributions generated through existing corporate partnerships via customer fundraising activities, cause related marketing, employee engagement activities, events, corporate pathways to pledge initiatives, etc;
- Support local fundraising and awareness campaigns engaging new and existing corporate partners;
- Explore new fundraising opportunities through global UNICEF best practices;
- Assist the expansion of the corporate giving programme for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) through direct marketing activities. Support the identification of new opportunities which include corporate, customer and employee giving;
- Support the fundraising team in the implementation of integrated fundraising campaigns and events;
- Perform other tasks in support of UNICEF fundraising activities upon request.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in marketing, business administration, social sciences, economics or a related field;
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in sales, new business development, marketing and project management;
- Proven experience of developing a new business pipeline and implementing to successful completion;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is a must;
- Flexible, proactive, ability to work under pressure;
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
The duration of the initial contract is 11.5 months with a possibility of extension upon satisfactory work performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.