Fundraising Associate - Financial and Marketing Analysis
Deadline for applications is 31 August 2019
Job Number: 525290 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Bulgaria
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the job.
Under supervision of the Resource Mobilization Officer, the Fundraising Associate – Financial and Marketing Analyst supports decision making for the planning, implementation and evaluation of work plans by providing quality analysis and reports on private sector fundraising, including donors’ database, fundraising financial information and market trends.
Summary of key functions and accountabilities.
Donor Database management - lead the process of effective Donor Database management.
- Ensures that a clean and comprehensive database with fully reconciled data and amounts is maintained. All data is processed within respective deadlines whilst quality remains. Efficient support and quality control is conducted to data processing - data collection and entry, maintaining donor’s house list and supportive databases.
- Ensures consistency and quality of the Donor Database – maintains data entry, updates, coding, imports, exports, segmentations, and prepare contact lists. Controls the regularity, effectiveness and security of the pre- and post-processing of the data.
Reporting - clear and comprehensive reporting system is established.
- A set of regular detailed reports regarding activities, campaigns and results are generated. Received data is analyzed, feedback on positive and negative trends is provided. Prepares and submits mandatory reports in internal platforms within deadlines set in the official Country Office Planning and the Global Reporting Calendar.
- Provides pre-campaign preparation and final campaign reports.
Financial analysis and forecasts – specialized analysis on private sector fundraising, market trends, forecasts and KPI’s are provided.
- Follows and analyzes trends and KPI’s established by UNICEF.
- Provides specialized support and know-how to Fundraising officers in regards to establishment of new fundraising activities, their implementation, tracking and reporting.
Marketing information and results tracking - supports the Fundraising section with administrative and operational support for development, implementation and monitoring of the work plans in accordance with fundraising and marketing quality standards.
- Supports the section by performing a wide range of analytical reports to ensure the implementation and tracking of the work plans.
- Assists in the gathering, interpretation and reporting of internal and external marketing, fundraising and financial information including databases, market trends and analytics.
Implementation of new fundraising donation channels, administrative support and other supportive tasks.
- Ensures that fundraising related systems are functional and operating. Supports procurement of services process Implementation and amendments of important administrative instructions and guidelines regarding fundraising activities are tracked and applied.
- Assists when adopting and implementing new payment channels. Provides technical expertise in support or improvement of new or existing online platforms and systems used for fundraising purposes.
Required qualifications of the successful candidate.
Education: University degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field complemented by completion of relevant training, technical courses and specializations.
Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience in finance, marketing analysis and database management.
Technical skills: Excellent computer skills are essential for the post. ADVANCED knowledge of MS Excel, Access, various database formats and the managing of conversions from one format to another are required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Bulgarian.
Required competencies of the successful candidate.
The required core values the candidates should possess are: Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and the following core competencies: Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The required functional competencies are: Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Planning and Organizing and Following Instructions and Procedures.
All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF's online recruiting system. Candidates can apply to the above position by submitting their application on our web site. The application should include a CV and a Cover Letter describing how the candidate best meets each of the requirements of the post, two most recent performance appraisals or evaluation reports if available and names, emails and phone details of three work related referees including supervisors. All applications should be in English.
Deadline for applications is 31 August 2019.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Opening Date Mon Jul 29 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time) FLE Daylight Time
Closing Date Sat Aug 31 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)