Fundraising Administrative Assistant (consultancy open for Bulgarian nationals only)
Closing Date Sun Oct 13 2019
Job Number: 526815 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Bulgaria
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a childhood.
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PSFP) Plan for 2018-2023 sets out the results and strategies that UNICEF will pursue to maximize resources and leverage the influence of the private sector. UNICEF Bulgaria’s fundraising strategy is focused on two main income streams from the private sector –monthly individual giving and corporate partnerships with higher income potential.
How can you make a difference?
The objective of the assignment is to provide administrative support to the implementation of the face-to-face fundraising programme and to strengthen individual donors’ engagement and retention through telemarketing activities.
Main tasks include implementation of regular telemarketing activities to UNICEF individual donors and provision of administrative support to the face-to-face fundraising programme.
1. Telemarketing activities:
- Weekly thank you and welcome calls to new monthly individual donors including data capture;
- Weekly conversion calls to one-off individual donors;
- Monthly saving calls to pledge donors with two skipped donations;
- Monthly reactivation calls to lapsed pledge donors;
- Regular upgrade campaigns to house list pledge donors;
- Data capture calls;
- Thank you calls to new one-off donors following direct marketing campaigns;
- Follow-up calls to individuals with unsuccessful SMS subscription donation.
2. Administrative support to the individual giving programme and Face-to-Face team:
- Supports the in-house recruitment process of new members to the face-to-face team. Updates the vacancy announcement on jobs.bg portal monthly, reviews and shortlists candidates in consultation with the Face-to-Face Coordinator;
- Conducts phone calls to shortlisted candidates for interview and sends e-mail invitations. Maintains updated database of candidates;
- Organizes group interviews in cooperation with the Face-to-Face Coordinator and prepares the necessary materials for the indoor interview and the outdoor exercise;
- Takes detailed minutes, prepares interview protocols and fills in individual evaluation forms for all candidates after the interviews.
- Provides feedback to all candidates via email, contacts by phone the candidates selected to training.
- Assists with the theoretical training of new face-to-face fundraisers. Prepares the necessary materials for the training and makes the necessary administrative arrangements (location booking etc.);
- Collects all required hiring documents and information by the face-to-face fundraisers recommended for selection following the training and creates individual files;
- Makes sure that new face-to-face fundraisers have all the necessary materials and equipment to perform their job at the facer's start day. Prepares hand-over protocols and maintains inventory list of branded/ communication materials and technical equipment for the face-to-face activities.
- Provides support to the monthly payroll processing. In close cooperation with the Face-to-Face Coordinator calculates facers’ monthly salaries based on the number of working hours and individual performance, prepares monthly invoice for services and other required documents for each member of the face-to-face team in the first week of the month for the previous month.
- Provides support with the organization of regular trainings and supervision for retention of senior fundraisers;
- Provides support with organization of regular field and work trips for motivation and retention of senior fundraisers;
- Supports fundraising events and campaigns when necessary;
- Supports communication with partners when necessary;
- Prepares regular communication materials and news for the face-to-face program
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in marketing, communication, business administration, humanities or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular);
- Previous professional work experience as administrative assistant, telemarketing and client services would be an asset;
- Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement;
- Very good knowledge of English, spoken and written, is highly desirable;
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
The assignment will be conducted for an initial period of eleven months and a half (November 2019 – October 2020) with a possibility for extension upon satisfactory work performance.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and a Cover Letter indicating their all inclusive monthly remuneration in Bulgarian leva.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Wed Oct 02 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time) FLE Daylight Time
Closing Date Sun Oct 13 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)