Job Number: 529688 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Bulgaria
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships Plan 2018-2023 sets out the results and strategies that UNICEF will pursue to maximize resources and leverage the influence of the private sector. UNICEF Bulgaria’s fundraising strategy is focused on two main income streams from the private sector –monthly individual giving and corporate partnerships with higher income potential. In 2018 the Country Office (CO) launched a face-to-face fundraising program for recruitment of new individual monthly (pledge) donors via automated SMS mechanism in order to ensure income growth, sustainable resources and increase of the individual supporters’ file.
In 2020 the CO will aim to expand the Face to Face team in order to recruit new pledge SMS donors and ensure sustainable income for the country program. The F2F Fundraising Team will focus on retention and motivation of fundraisers, quality monitoring and improvement of their performance.
How can you make a difference?
Supervision and support to the face-to-face team on the ground:
- Assisting with logistics for settling the locations for fundraising activities on a daily basis, including at special events. Take care of all materials and return them in good condition;
- Joining the teams on the ground on a daily basis - monitoring, guiding, advising and improving the performance of senior fundraisers;
- Supervision of face-to-face fundraisers behavior during their shifts and taking immediate measures to correct it when necessary;
- Maintain the results of every fundraiser and enhance their productivity;
- Reporting to Face-to-face Fundraising Coordinator on a regular basis.
Face-to-face fundraising activities:
- Presenting and promoting UNICEF program work among potential donors in the best way possible;
- Recruiting SMS pledge donors on a daily basis at key locations – malls, business buildings, events, in the streets;
- Collecting donors’ personal information correctly and storing it securely;
- Adhering to work schedule and timely delivery and handover of all paperwork;
- Participating in team meetings at the UNICEF office;
- Participating in additional trainings for the face-to-face fundraising teams;
- Participating in work and field trips, helping with the coordination of the team.
Recruitment of fundraisers:
- Assist with the in-house recruitment of fundraisers when necessary in close cooperation with the Face-to-Face Coordinator – conducting interviews, evaluating candidates, communicating with candidates;
- Assist with other administrative tasks when necessary.
Communication with individual donors
- Assist the in-house telemarketing campaigns for welcome and retention of individual donors.
Timeframe and duration of the working arrangement
The assignment will be conducted for initial period of 9 months (April–December 2020) with possibility for extension upon satisfactory work performance.
The Face-to-face team leader will have flexible working arrangement – between 120 and 160 working hours per month partially in UNICEF’s office premises and outside them. The Team leader should be able to work during weekends as well.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- At least three months of successful performance as face-to-face fundraiser or promoter;
- Previous work experience in coordination of teams and events would be an asset;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Flexible, proactive and creative person;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude;
- Results oriented;
- Analytical thinking;
- Previous experience with UNICEF is an asset.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date February 07 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time) FLE Standard Time
Closing Date Closing Date March 08 2020 23:55:00 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time)