Digital Marketing Consultant, short-term national consultancy
End date for applications 3 May 2022
Job no: 550278
Contract type: Consultancy
Duty Station: Sofia
Categories: Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a digital champion
UNICEF's Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships Plan 2018-2022 sets out the results and strategies that UNICEF will pursue to maximize resources and leverage the influence of the private sector. UNICEF Bulgaria’s fundraising strategy is focused on two main income streams from the private sector – monthly individual giving and corporate partnerships with higher income potential.
How can you make a difference?
- Lead the implementation of digital marketing and fundraising campaigns. Plan, execute, monitor and evaluate digital fundraising activities
• Develop the annual digital fundraising and engagement action plan
• Optimize the digital donation experience at UNICEF donation page to increase conversion rate and grow online donors’ value.
• Draft engaging and compelling content for UNICEF’s donation webpage and digital donor communication
• Conduct regular pay-per-click advertising campaigns and social media marketing campaigns in the frame of wider integrated media campaigns
• Prepare creative briefs, draft key messages and oversee production of the digital assets
• Plan and set up e-mail and Viber campaigns targeting individual donors and supporters. Draft and design content.
• Support influencers marketing campaigns on social media
- Lead the execution of the digital supporters’ engagement plan of activities for 2022 to boost retention and increase donors’ loyalty:
• Analyse results by donor segments.
• Update and optimize the digital donor communication journey/cycle to maximize donor loyalty and improve retention.
• Update the digital welcome pack to new one-off and pledge donors.
- Monitor and report on specific KPIs in the area of digital marketing and individual giving.
- Keep up to date on the latest fundraising and digital marketing trends and provide analysis of best practices, opportunities and trends and innovation, from UNICEF network and external organizations.
Home-based consultancy for an initial period of 7 months (June-December 2022) with a possibility for extension upon successful performance.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- • At least three years of experience in digital marketing and communications with specific focus on Google Ads, social media campaigns and user experience.
• Proven project management and coordination skills.
• Ability to develop creative solutions for delivering campaigns.
• Strong technical background and skills in the use of content management systems, Google Analytics, social media platforms, Google Ads, e-mail broadcasting tools (MailChimp) and mobile messaging applications.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
• Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyse and interpret data.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Creative thinking.
• Drive for results.
• Fluency in Bulgarian and English language.
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and values.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2022 FLE Daylight Time
Deadline: 03 May 2022 FLE Daylight Time