Digital and Direct Marketing Expert
End date for applications 18 June 2021
Job no: 539176
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
This Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships Plan sets out the results and strategies that UNICEF will pursue to maximize resources and leverage the influence of the private sector. UNICEF Bulgaria’s fundraising strategy is focused on two main income streams from the private sector – monthly individual giving and corporate partnerships with higher income potential.
How can you make a difference?
The consultant will contribute to achieving the set goals:
- Acquisition of individual one-off and monthly donors through digital and traditional channels;
- Improvement of supporter’s experience online and website conversion rate;
- Implementing innovative approaches to reach and engage new audiences as supporters;
- Increasing engagement of individual supporters through strengthened digital donor communication.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
The consultant will be expected to:
1. Lead the implementation of the Digital Fundraising Strategy and Action Plan 2021-2022.
2. Plan, execute, monitor and evaluate direct marketing and digital fundraising campaigns and activities:
- Conduct pay-per-click advertising campaigns and social media marketing campaigns.
- Support influencers marketing campaigns on social media.
- Support the coordination of direct marketing campaigns targeting individual donors and supporters (direct mailing and e-mail campaigns, mobile marketing and SMS cash appeals and events).
- Plan and prepare weekly fundraising posts for social media according to the profile of the audience and the communication approach for every channel. Ensure consistency and integration of fundraising and advocacy messages across all digital platforms.
- Prepare the monthly e-Newsletter of UNICEF in Bulgaria. Improve design and draft compelling and engaging content, tailor and personalize messages to various target groups of supporters. Track results and implement improvements to increase open rate and click rate.
- Implement lead generation campaigns to grow the contact list of supporters.
- Support the implementation of online customer fundraising and employee giving initiatives upon request.
3. Optimize UNICEF donation page to increase conversion rate, maximize donor loyalty аnd grow donors’ value.
- Draft and update content on UNICEF’s donation webpage and landing pages.
- Lead the implementation of the digital donor communication cycle/journey.
- Draft and develop fundraising and donor communication materials such as a new onboarding and welcome pack.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of A/B testing of landing pages and e-mails and follow up on results.
- Support the integration of new online payment solutions to optimize the existing mechanism or monthly donations in cooperation with the Fundraising Associate.
- Edit content and design of automated and template e-mails for thank you, welcome, conversion and reactivation in order to increase conversion, retention and donor loyalty.
4. Support the planning, development and implementation of multi-channel integrated fundraising and advocacy campaigns and events.
- Asist the preparation of creative briefs and monitor the work of external advertising and digital marketing agencies.
- Prepare content and key messages, coordinate design and production of fundraising and communication materials and assets including key visuals, videos for TV and digital, radio spots, outdoor ads, digital ads and print materials.
5. Support the day-to-day individual donors’ communication and supporters’ engagement activities.
6. Monitor and report on specific KPIs in the area of direct and digital marketing and pledge acquisition. Prepare monthly analytic reports with recommendations for improvements according to results obtained.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in marketing, communications, advertising or additional training in digital marketing.
- At least three years of experience in marketing and communications with specific focus on digital and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Strong technical background and skills in the use of content management systems, Google Analytics, social media platforms, Google Ads, e-mail broadcasting tools (MailChimp) and mobile messaging applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Drive for results.
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English language.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and values.
The work assignment will be conducted for initial period of six months with possibility for extension upon satisfactory work performance, achieved results and planned fundraising activities.
The Consultant will work remotely up to 21 working days per month.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: 8 June 2021 FLE Standard Time
Deadline: 18 June 2021 FLE Daylight Time