Сътрудник "Комуникации" (дигитални медии), GS-6, София, България, Оферта #126526
Краен срок за кандидатстване 2 ноември 2023
Job no: 566737
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Sofia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an inspiration.
The Country Programme of UNICEF Bulgaria for 2023 – 2027 aims to ensure that every child has the best start in life, feels safer and receives better support to develop their full potential. The Communication Associate (Digital Мedia) contributes to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of an advocacy and communication strategy, to promote respect for children’s and women’s rights and support UNICEF's mission in Bulgaria.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Communication Officer NOB assists in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of an advocacy and communication strategy, to promote respect for children’s and women’s rights and support UNICEF's mission in Bulgaria.
- Supports in the development of an advocacy and communication strategy, by coordinating appropriate audience research and compiling and analysing relevant data. Collects information from stakeholders and other partners, prepares background communication and promotional materials for briefing and visits of media, and other stakeholders and assists in the planning, logistic and administrative arrangements.
- Based on the existing brand tool guideline, follows up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversees the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design. Contributes to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities by reviewing reports and through first-hand sources. Establishes/maintains an up-to-date documentation centre for publications, press releases and clippings, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials.
- May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities which may include field visits to project sites.
- Web management: Manages UNICEF Bulgaria’s web platform through web-based content management system (drupal) on a daily basis; Plans and gathers editorial content for the website to support country office communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities.
- Social Media: Develops and manages social media accounts of UNICEF Bulgaria on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tik Tok, LinkedIn and any other emerging platform, in line with the purpose of the position. Creates visual content for social media platforms – posters, factographs, photo-stories, reels, videos. Develops networks with social media influencers to position children’s issues and UNICEF at the centre of social media discourse in the country.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Timely monitoring and evaluation of activities of social media platforms, website traffic and trends are undertaken according to the expected goals to ensure quality, effectiveness and relevance of UNICEF Bulgaria’s digital communication efforts.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing and related field.
- Six years of practical professional work experience in communication, managing web platforms, social media. Experience in content generation for social media and websites is critical. Background/familiarity with content management system for website is also required. Knowledge of Drupal will be crucial.
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English.
For this position, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant field may replace three years of related work experience. A master’s degree may replace additional two years.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable male candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 19 Oct 2023 FLE Daylight Time
Deadline: 02 Nov 2023 FLE Standard Time