Ръководител отдел "Фондонабиране" (NO-B level, постоянен договор), Job #556895
Краен срок за кандидатстване: 21 ноември 2022
Job no: 556895
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Sofia
Categories: Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
The Fundraising Officer will be in charge of the fundraising strategies, with the objective to maximize the income and number of active donors giving to UNICEF in Bulgaria by developing donor acquisition strategies, as well as value maximization and retention strategies, such as upgrade and legacies.
How can you make a difference?
1. Help manage the long-term strategic planning, development and implementation of individual and corporate fundraising activities within the country in order to optimise fundraising and revenue potential, with a key focus on optimising and developing pledge acquisition channels and improving pledge retention and life time value (LTV).
2. Support in initiating the development and regular updating of an annual work plan and budgets for private sector fundraising. Monitors and facilitates the implementation of fundraising strategies, work-plans and donor reporting and analysis to achieve targets.
3. Initiate strategic planning and management of the investment funds throughout the planned period.
4. Help manage, develop and oversee internal and external suppliers and partners independently to ensure that processes are streamlined, effective and assisting the overall aim to grow income.
5. Maintain intelligence on latest developments in the market, including successful techniques being used by commercial and non-profit organisations to acquire customers /donors and maximize LTV, and the plans and activities of competitors.
5. Ensure that global fundraising policies and guidelines are adhered to and implemented, provide proper management of the team to ensure “back-end” and operational areas of work are able to keep up with the new initiatives and plans.
6. Provide regular reports and evaluations on targets and KPIs as per reporting calendar.
7. Provide leadership and oversight to a team that supports UNICEF’s private sector fundraising in the country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in any of the following fields: Business Administration, Marketing, Fundraising or a related field is required.
- Additional professional qualifications in fundraising and/or marketing and/or communications would be an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in managing a fundraising programme together with proven track record in driving income growth; equivalent direct marketing experience in a commercial context will be considered as qualifying experience.
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English is required.
- Proven ability to contribute to effective long-term strategic fundraising plans.
- Proven ability to implement clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and seize new fundraising opportunities, formulating new fundraising strategies and models.
- Diplomatic negotiation, influencing and networking skills to establish and maintain trusted partnerships and to develop close and effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others (8) Nurtures, leads and manages people).
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable male are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: 07 Nov 2022 FLE Standard Time
Deadline: 21 Nov 2022 FLE Standard Time