Ръководител на оперативен отдел (NO-3, fixed-term contract) - Job # 553931
Краен срок за кандидатстване 31 август 2022 г.
Job no: 553931
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Sofia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
UNICEF Country Programme for Bulgaria is focused on enabling all children and adolescents in the country, including the most disadvantaged, to enjoy their rights and develop to their full potential in an inclusive and protective society.
This impact has been channeled through four core programme components:
(1) Early Childhood Development and Child Care,
(2) Inclusive Education and Early Learning,
(3) Prevention of Violence against Children, Protection of Victims and Access to Justice, and
(4) Partnerships for monitoring, communication and promotion of child rights in Bulgaria and globally.
How can you make a difference?
As a Strategic Business Partner, the Operations Manager will be accountable for operations functions, facilitate change, provide risk informed, solution-focused analysis, advice and services and contribute to programme and management decisions for delivering results for children in specific operational contexts by:
- Facilitating services in the functional areas of operations support: budget, financial management and reporting, facilities management, administration, supply and logistics management, information and communications technology, human resources, and safety and security;
- Supporting the line manager to implement career development, opportunities for staff;
- Acting as a member of the Country and Senior Management Teams, representing the organizational risks, governance systems and policies, and promoting results based management;
- Understanding business needs for the office, to anticipate challenges, propose viable/creative solutions aimed at value for money;
- Providing key contribution to country programme development, country programme management plan, annual management plan and support to Results Based Management and implementation using Value for Money criteria;
- Promoting the fundamentals of ICT management, information security and controls;
- Supporting supply and logistics strategies and interventions to meet programmatic needs while ensuring Value for Money, including procurement of fit for purpose products and services, and providing advisory support to governments, national systems and partners on supply chain management;
- Supporting the country office during external and internal audit reviews and responding to audit observations and monitoring implementation of recommendations;
- Providing regular feedback on risks and achievements of operations functions in the office;
- Leading on facility management with a specific focus on inclusive accessibility, eco sustainability and common premises;
- Supporting the management of private sector fundraising operations and promoting efficiency across systems and processes, where applicable.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s and above) in one of the following areas is required: Business management; Financial management; Accounting; Public Finance; and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.) is required or a full professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CPFA, Expert Compatible) from an internationally recognized institute/body of accountancy with valid membership in good standing is required.”
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, at the national and/or international level, is required, specifically in implementing organizational initiatives in one or more operations management area including budget; financial management and reporting; facilities management; administration; supply and logistics management; information and communication technology; human resources.
- Prior experience in the development sector or UN system/ international NGOs would be an asset.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas: audit and investigations, safety and security, grant management, enterprise risk management, would be desired.
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Prior experience working with or in the private sector, and supporting private sector fundraising, is desirable.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Results Based Management is a requirement.
- Experience in supporting successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others, (8) Nurtures, leads and manages people.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: 15 Aug 2022 FLE Daylight Time
Deadline: 31 Aug 2022 FLE Daylight Time