Job Number: 526817 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Bulgaria
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PSFP) Plan for 2018-2023 sets out the results and strategies that UNICEF will pursue to maximize resources and leverage the influence of the private sector. UNICEF Bulgaria’s fundraising strategy is focused on two main income streams from the private sector –monthly individual giving and corporate partnerships with higher income potential. In 2018 the Country Office (CO) successfully launched a face-to-face fundraising program for recruitment of new individual monthly (pledge) donors via automated SMS mechanism in order to ensure income growth, sustainable resources and increase of the individual supporters’ file.
How can you make a difference?
The consultant will be in charge of the coordination of the Face-to-Face Fundraising Program for individual pledge donations.
Specific tasks of the assignment:
1. Face-to-Face program coordination.
- Support financial planning and monitoring of the face-to-face program. Assist the preparation of annual action plan for face-to-face fundraising for 2020 in cooperation with Individual Giving Officer;
- Monitor the program income and expenditures on monthly basis in close cooperation with the Individual Giving Officer. Prepare weekly and monthly finance and evaluation reports against set KPIs, identify steps and measures for improvement when necessary;
- Monitor the performance of the fundraisers and their individual financial results on a weekly and monthly basis.
2. Leading the face-to-face team.
- Join the facer teams in the street on a daily basis; monitoring, guiding, advising and improving their performance;
- Prepare working schedule on a weekly basis and distribute it to the fundraisers;
- Keep accurate data of working hours (street and office hours), number of pledge registrations by facer and certify weekly/monthly task reports;
- Makes sure all necessary equipment and communication materials for the face-to-face campaign is distributed to the specific locations and collected in UNICEF’s office on a daily basis;
- Organize weekly team meetings to discuss overall performance, results and goals, etc.
3. Recruitment of fundraisers.
- Assists in preparing the necessary communication materials for job promotion in close cooperation with the advertising agency;
- Conducts in-house monthly recruitment of new fundraisers: job promotion, pre-selection, group interviews, evaluation;
- Monitor the recruitment of fundraisers by a contracted HR agency, monitor KPIs and results, support the HR agency when needed;
4. Training and retention of fundraisers.
- Organize and conduct theoretical induction training for new fundraisers. Prepare and revise training materials and make the necessary administrative arrangements (room booking, print materials, etc.);
- Organize and conduct practical induction training for new fundraisers. Make sure that new fundraisers have all the necessary information and equipment to perform their job;
- Make sure that new fundraisers are integrated in the team and provide the necessary knowledge and support for them to carry out their activities;
- Organize and conduct theoretical induction training for new team leaders. Prepare training materials and make the necessary administrative arrangements;
- Monitor and support the new team leaders to carry out their activities in the team.
- Build team spirit and enable new members of the team integration and proper interaction in the team;
- Build and maintain relationship with facers though strong internal communication.
- Prepare and implement a motivational plan for facers, according to their interests and specific improvement areas, in order to increase facers’ retention in the programme;
- Organize regular trainings and supervision for retention of senior fundraisers;
- Organize regular field and work trips for motivation and retention of senior fundraisers.
5. Communication and partnerships.
- Actively searches and identifies new spots for street fundraising.
- Actively searches and identifies new private sites (shopping malls, business buildings) for indoor fundraising.
- Actively searches and identifies new private sites for event fundraising.
- Negotiate pro-bono space for the face-to-face campaign and establish long-term partnerships with shopping malls, business centres, event organizers and others;
- Maintain a network of partnerships for the program, conduct regular communication with partners;
- Prepare communication materials and other relevant documents for the partners;
- Maintain all communication materials related to the program up-to-date;
- Support the implementation of a recruitment advertising and PR campaign.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in marketing, communication, business administration, humanities or related field.
- Three years’ professional work experience in event management, marketing, communications, PR or business development.
- Previous experience in private sector fundraising and face-to-face or in corporate social responsibility will be considered an advantage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Flexible, proactive and creative person
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Results oriented
- Analytical thinking
The assignment will be conducted for an initial period of eleven months and a half (November 2019 – October 2020) with possibility for extension upon satisfactory work performance.
Interested candidate are invited to submit a CV and Cover letter indicating their all inclusive monthly fee in Bulgarian leva.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Wed Oct 02 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time) FLE Daylight Time
Closing Date Sun Oct 13 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)