Национален консултант на УНИЦЕФ в подкрепа на програмните компоненти, свързани с ранната интервенция
Краен срок за кандидатстване 31 юли 2019
Job Number: 524102 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Bulgaria
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
How can you make a difference?
The Consultant will support the development and implementation of UNICEF’s program activities related to early childhood intervention and support for parents of young children with disabilities. In addition, it is expected the Consultant to work closely with the international expert contracted by UNICEF in Bulgaria to provide technical assistance in the area of early childhood intervention.
The consultant will be responsible for the following specific activities:
- Coordinate at local level UNICEF interventions related to piloting of a system approach to ECI, as well as other intervention aiming to strengthen the national capacities for Early Childhood Intervention.
- Coordinate and organise meetings/trainings in the selected municipalities as agreed with UNICEF for ensuring a system approach to early childhood intervention and improving ECI practice in coordination with local authorities, services providers, and other relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Provide technical support, training and supervision of the application of screening tools by relevant stakeholders – ECI teams and members of the home visiting services.
- Draft documentation necessary for the work of the ECI teams in consultation and under the guidance of the international consultant.
- Draft guidelines/other documentation related to use of screening and assessment tools by different relevant stakeholders – home visitors, ECI practitioners, etc.
- Support the collection of data to facilitate monitoring of UNICEF interventions at local level.
- Coordinate the implementation of the UNICEF program for support of parents of children with disabilities in the country – liaise with partners, support expansion of the program if necessary, collect feedback and statistical data on the program implementation, organise meetings, provide supervision to the teams, draft analysis and other information related to the program implementation.
- Draft or provide technical support for the development of parenting materials with a particular focus on care for and the needs of children with disabilities and developmental difficulties.
- Contribute to public awareness and communication campaigns of UNICEF CO related to early childhood intervention for children with disabilities and developmental difficulties and parenting: support for drafting different documents, coordination of awareness raising activities/events with different partners, identification of relevant human stories, etc.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and seminars as agreed with UNICEF.
- Other support related to ECD and inclusive early education and care as agreed with UNICEF office.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Master’s degree or higher in one or more of the following areas: pre-school pedagogy (early education), pedagogy, special pedagogy, child psychology or another relevant field.
- Excellent understanding of the contemporary conceptual framework on ECD and early childhood intervention for children with developmental difficulties and disabilities.
- Excellent understanding of the national policy framework and institutional arrangements relating to early childhood intervention.
- Experience in project management.
- Familiarity with UNICEF policies and strategic documents related to ECD and ECI is considered an advantage.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage partnerships across diversity of stakeholders.
- Respect for cultural diversity and human rights.
- Fluency of English language will be an advantage.
Full information on the work assignment is available in the attached TOR: TOR_ECD ECI_2019.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Mon Jul 22 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time) FLE Daylight Time
Closing Date Wed Jul 31 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)