Международен консултант на УНИЦЕФ за изготвяне на системен подход към ранната интервенция
Краен срок за кандидатстване - 31 юли
Job Number: 523288 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Bulgaria
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
How can you make a difference?
The pilot interventions will be developed and delivered in line with the UNICEF Global Recommendations on Early Childhood Intervention and the Guidelines for Europe and Central Region “Supporting Children with Developmental Difficulties in Early Childhood”. They will build on the existing services at local and national level, while strengthening them in line with the international best practice.
Overall objective of the assignment.
The main objective of the Consultancy is to provide technical support for UNICEF work related to the design and piloting of a system approach to Early Childhood Intervention in two selected municipalities in Bulgaria.
The expected total duration of the consultancy is 30 days over the period August 2019 (tentative) – June 2020. The assignment includes 3 missions to Bulgaria with a total duration of up to 15 days. The tentative timing of the missions is September 2019, November 2019, and April 2019 (to be additionally agreed with UNICEF).
The Consultant will work under the guidance of the UNICEF ECD Officer and in close coordination with the national and local partners. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of the following specific tasks:
Support for the development of the pilot interventions:
- Provide technical support and input for finalising the design of the pilot interventions (including a Theory of Change) to be implemented in two selected municipalities of the country based on the findings and recommendations of the situational analysis of services for children with developmental difficulties and disabilities carried out in 2019.
- Design a series of up to 4 workshops in total for local stakeholders in the two selected municipalities to develop shared understanding of the needs of children with disabilities and developmental difficulties and the key principles of early intervention – draft concept notes for the workshops (including a detailed program, participants, methods and tools to be used, as well as materials).
- Facilitate the workshops in cooperation with UNICEF and the other local partners. Based on the workshops outcomes develop recommendations for the design and implementation of the pilot interventions.
- Provide technical support and input for development of documentation necessary related to ECI service provision (i.e family support plan, family needs assessment forms, ECI standards, others as relevant and agreed by UNICEF).
Provide technical support for selection and adaptation/validation of appropriate tools for screening of child development and functional assessment, as well as for their application.
Support for capacity building:
- Deliver trainings related to screening, assessment and key principles of early childhood intervention to diverse groups of stakeholders (professionals, policy makers) if needed.
- Provide external supervision and technical advice to the local partner organisation involved in the delivery of trainings and technical support to the ECI and other professionals in the selected municipalities (remote and face-to-face).
Provide technical advice for the scope and content of the training of the local ECI teams.
Support for monitoring and evaluation:
- Provide input and technical support for the development of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the pilot interventions – including selection of appropriate indicators, type of data to be collected at baseline or routinely as part of the interventions, tools for data collection.
Carry out formative assessment of the pilot interventions in the selected municipalities and provide recommendations for improvement of quality of ECI services, as well as other interventions
- Deliver presentations on issues related to ECI to raise awareness on key principles and approaches in contemporary ECI.
- Provide advice and training materials on ECI for different stakeholders.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Relevant academic education: pediatrics, child psychology, child development, early education, special education, etc. with special academic training in the area of ECI.
- At least 8 years of progressive professional experience in planning, delivery or management of ECI program.
- Excellent understanding of the ECI approaches – principles, organisation, standards, scope, human resources.
- Excellent training/facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure; good negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-activity and strong orientation towards results.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English language.
The Consultant should present a financial proposal in accordance with the Terms of Reference including professional fee - the daily consultancy rate in USD.
UNICEF will cover the cost for in-country missions (accommodation, meals and incidentals) in accordance with the applicable daily subsistence allowance (DSA) rates.
For more details, please see the attached Term of Reference.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Thu Jun 20 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time) FLE Daylight Time
Closing Date Thu Jul 31 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)