Административен асистент, GS-5, постоянен договор, оферта # 554042
End date for applications 4 September 2022
Job no: 554042
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Sofia
For 75 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
1. Purpose for the job.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized administrative tasks requiring in-depth knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
2. Summary of key functions and responsibilities:
1) Appropriate and consistent interpretation and effective implementation of administrative policy and instructions to support Operations.
- Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with Operations. Updates staff on administrative policies, instructions, rules and regulations. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems considering the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, makes recommendations for follow-up actions, prepares reports and evaluations on general administrative or specialized tasks.
2) Technical assistance and support in promoting and coordinating cost effective and best practices in travel management.
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Ensures that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs, staff travel and statements reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintains travel budgetary control records. Processes travel claims.
3) Effective and cost efficient events management.
- Provides support to the office with logistical arrangements related to training/workshops/conferences etc., through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts and identifying the most cost-efficient meeting venue options.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
4) Property management, office equipment, vehicles.
- Supports procurement/management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles. Maintains inventory of office items.
- Establishes an office supplies monitoring system. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Supervises office drivers by ensuring that clear workplans and fleet management system is in place.
- Monitors and arranges for vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checks and record of vehicle daily log and fuel consumption.
3. Required qualifications of the successful candidate:
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
Professional experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required. Working knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
Required competencies of the successful candidate:
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The required functional competencies are: Analyzing, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing and Following Instructions and Procedures.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Advertised: 22 Aug 2022 FLE Daylight Time
Deadline: 04 Sep 2022 FLE Daylight Time