· Children want their views to be considered on issues concerning:
· change of name
· consent when they are being taken in for adoption especially informal adoption or foster care.
· Moving a child from one place to another without their consent is not good.
· When a single parent marries
· Meaningful participation starts from the age of 10 depending on revolving capacities of the child and on the issue that the child is being consulted on.
Age of the child (7 years) to participate in meaningful decision making e.g. separation of siblings, adoption, foster care, divorce cases.
· Information passed on to the child should serve the best interest of the child.