Individual Consultant - Research Associate on Children’s Equitable Access to Justice
VACANCY NOTICE: SAR/2014/04c
UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for:
Research Associate on Children’s Equitable Access to Justice
The Individual contractor shall work under the supervision of the UNICEF Child Protection Specialist and in close coordination with the Child Protection Officer and Lead Researcher. He/she will support the Lead Researcher on the overall coordination and management of the study and provide technical inputs through careful research, mapping, legal comparison and analysis.
• Produce high-quality research on children’s equitable access to justice, including but not limited to: desk review, comprehensive mapping of local actors and vulnerable groups, collection of data, interviews with key informants (including children), focus groups discussions;
• Work closely with UNICEF to identify actors involved in children’s access to justice;
• Identify, and engage individuals, organizations and authorities working on issues related to the promotion and protection of children’s rights;
• Develop a system to ensure the research complies at all times with the highest standards of ethics and child-sensitivity;
• Assist and contribute to drafting a high-quality research report;
• Perform other related duties as requested.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in law or human rights, advanced degree is an asset;
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience;
• Proven expertise in legal research and data collection;
• Substantive expertise in human rights, particularly children’s rights;
• Knowledge of local justice system, both formal and informal;
• Proven ability to interact in a timely, constructive and professional manner with colleagues;
• Excellent drafting, writing and research skills in English;
• Excellent reading, writing, and translating skills in local language(s);
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a small team, working in close communication with the Lead Researcher/UNICEF Consultant;
• Ability to perform job responsibilities independently and in a well-organized manner, and exercising sound judgment
For further details please contact Human Resources at UNICEF Office in Sarajevo (033 293 600).
Expression of Interest, consisting of a cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zmaja od Bosne b.b. Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, or e-mail: email@example.com quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2014/04c
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2014
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment. UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.