The story of Irina and Diana from the city of Popasna
The family moved to Belarus from Ukraine
- Available in:
Diana knows that a shell hit their house and that only ruins remain. But she believes that her favorite toys have survived...
UNICEF and its partners continue to work in Ukraine and neighboring countries, including Belarus, to provide children and their families with humanitarian assistance, child protection, water and sanitation, health, nutrition and education services.
You can watch the story of Diana and her family here.
- provides psychosocial assistance to children from Ukraine and their parents through partner organizations. 534 children have already received support.
- distributes humanitarian aid to affected families. 884 children and 140 adults received kits with hygiene products, clothes, educational materials, toys, etc.
- helps children from Ukraine to recover and relax. UNICEF Belarus and the Belarusian Red Cross Society (BRC) organized a summer vacation for children from Ukraine in August: 87 boys and girls aged 6-17 stayed at recreation camps in different regions of Belarus, where they received psychological assistance from specialists.
- informs people about available services so that they understand where they can apply for help in Belarus.
- helps families prepare children from Ukraine for the school year. We have purchased and are delivering school supplies, school uniforms and sportswear to more than 1,000 children.