You can help
Give children a better future
Right now, Bangladeshi children need your help to ensure that they are able to thrive and reach their full potential. Despite incredible progress being made to support the rights of children over the last decade, significant challenges still remain. UNICEF Bangladesh is calling on your support to help build a better future for children.
Help us speed up progress for children
There are more than 64 million children in Bangladesh. UNICEF works to support the rights of every child, especially the most vulnerable. We work tirelessly to ensure that the rights of every child can be realized. Our priorities include:
- Reducing preventable new-born and maternal mortality.
- Ensuring good nutrition for infants and young children.
- Ensuring quality education and expanding early childhood education.
- Ending all forms of violence, exploitation and abuse.
- Supporting and empowering adolescents as agents of change.
Facts on the needs of children
- Every hour of every day in Bangladesh, 7 newborns die. Most of these deaths are preventable.
- 36% of children under the age of 5 in Bangladesh are classified as stunted.
- Only 43.5% of children aged 35 years access early childhood development and education in institutional settings.
- Around 4.6 million primary school children are currently not pursuing education.
- More than 1.7 million children are engaged in child labour.
- 21% of the total population of the country consists of adolescents (1019 years) who need assistance in becoming empowered and engaged in their communities.
- More than 19 million children are living under the threat of climate change and are at heightened risk of emergency situations.
How you can help
- 100 BDT will enable us to ensure that 2 (two) new-born babies receive essential cord care, a vital intervention to reduce the risk of sepsis infection.
- 500 BDT will ensure that we can support 5 families affected by emergencies with water purification tablets ensuring their access to safe drinking water for two weeks.
- 1000 BDT will enable us to provide 250 children between 6 months and one year with a full year of vitamin A supplementation. Just two doses of vitamin A supplementation per year significantly reduces child mortality.
- 10,000 BDT will enable us to provide a second chance at education for out of school children.
- 34,000 BDT will enable us to provide an adolescent with 6 months of skills training, helping them access employment and secure a better future.
- 140,000 BDT will enable us to establish an adolescent club for a whole year for more than 30 adolescents ensuring their access to essential life-skills training and helping them stay safe from violence, exploitation and abuse.