The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan is seeking candidate to fill the following position: Health and Nutrition Specialist, NOC, Fixed-Term Appointment(Vacancy № 01/14)
- Advanced degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Medicine, Health Research, International Health, Health Policy and Management.
- Minimum five years of relevant professional work experience. Awareness of the technical support required in health related emergency and humanitarian preparedness. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset.
- Current knowledge of health and HIV issues and policies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
- Methodology of programme/project management.
- Knowledge of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani required.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising
- Formulatin Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Deciding and Initiating action
RESPONSIBILITIES/NATURE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
- Timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective advocacy, planning, development and results-based management for specific Health and Nutrition interventions being brought to scale including analysis of health budgeting and use.
- Supporting the Representative and as appropriate in his/her own right speaking out on Health and Nutrition issues for children and women based on impeccable evidence.
- Technical and operational guidance provided to key government and non-government partners on prioritized health and nutrition issues of children, including the elaboration and implementation of detailed sectoral work-plans and budgets (downstream activities) when they contribute to overall system change.
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health and Nutrition interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Holding Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply (especially technical) and financial assistance.
- Effective knowledge management throughdocumentation and dissemination of lessons learned and implementation of appropriate capacity building activities, and preparation of funding proposals to support Health and Nutrition interventions.
- Integration of rights-based approaches and humanitarian principles in related interventions.
- Effective communication, networking and leveraging achieved through partnership and collaboration with related government and non-government partners.
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available either from the office or online(https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) specifying the position and vacancy № with an attached CV and motivation letter no later than 28February 2014 at the following address: Dalga Plaza Business center, 24, Neftchilar Ave, Baku, AZ 1095 or by email to: email@example.com. Acknowledgement will be sent to short listed candidates only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply to become a part of our organisation