Training for Trainer’s Course on Introduction of New Curriculum and Active Learning in Secondary Education (grades 5-9)
Deadline for application: 14 October 2011, 16:00
The Government of Azerbaijan (GOA) is committed to reforms in education sector by addressing many key sectoral issues, to improve the quality of education and to realign the sector with the needs of the emerging market economy and social conditions.
In order to support the implementation of new national curriculum introduced in 2008, UNICEF is planning to prepare 560 trainers on new curriculum training for general school teachers in grades 5-9 in the following subject curriculums:
Mother Tongue and Literature, Foreign Language, Mathematics, Informatics, Azerbaijani History, Biology, Geography, Life Skills, Technology, Physical Education, Music, Fine Arts
Purpose of the assignment:
• To prepare 40-hours training programme, training manual (for the TOT course and for each subject curriculum of 5-9 grades), training schedule, syllabus, performance assessment and certification tools.
• To deliver 40-hour course to 560 applicants provided by UNICEF and provide report with outcomes to UNICEF
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
An advanced degree in education or a related field
The consultant should have significant experience in:
• development of methodological materials,
• experience in mainstreaming gender and equity concerns in education programs;
• Experience in textbooks development as well as practical experience in using AL in general school and university level teaching.
• Previous experience of training and excellent training skills
• Familiarity with UNICEF’s mission and mandate as well as approach to Education Reform
• Excellent English and Azerbaijani communication, writing and analytical skills;
Budget is to be proposed by a potential individual and agreed with UNICEF in line with UN rules and regulations.
Interested organizations should send:
a) a cover letter;
b) Detailed Project Proposal and budget
c) individual resumes of trainers/consultants;
d) reference of previous relevant work (if applicable);
in a sealed envelope /email to:
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Dalga Plaza, 3rd floor
24 Neftchilar Avenue, AZ1095
or send the documents mentioned above electronically to email@example.com
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. UNICEF is an equal opportunity employer.
UNICEF is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children's rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential.
Deadline: 14 October, 2011
For further information please contact: Afag Abdinova, firstname.lastname@example.org