The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan is seeking candidate to fill the following position: Health Specialist, NOC, Fixed Term(Vacancy № 02/10)
Azeri national with Advanced degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Medicine, Health Research, International Health, Health Policy and Management
• Minimum five years of relevant professional work experience. Awareness of the technical support required in health related emergency and humanitarian preparedness. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset.
Current knowledge of health and HIV issues and policies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation
Methodology of programme/project management
Programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for sectoral programmes
Knowledge of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNCEF position and approaches.
Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
Strong analytical, negotiating, communication, supervisory, managerial and advocacy skills
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
Fluency in English and Azerbaijani
KEY END-RESULTS OF THE JOB:
1. Timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, development and results-based management for scaling-up specific Health interventions.
2. Technical expertise on specific Health interventions.
3. Technical and operational guidance provided to key government and non-government partners on scaling-up interventions, including the elaboration and implementation of detailed sectoral work-plans and budgets (downstream activities).
4. Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
5. Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply and financial assistance.
6. Effective knowledge management through documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and implementation of appropriate capacity building activities.
7. Integration of rights-based approaches and humanitarian principles in related interventions.
8. Effective communication, networking and leveraging achieved through partnership and collaboration with related government and non-government partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY TOOLS:
Data-driven and results-based management
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Rights-based programmes through Results-Based Approach
Partnerships and leveraging resources
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available both from the office and online (https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) specify the position and vacancy № with an attached CV and motivation letter no later than 03 May 2010 at the following address: S.Dadashev Street 24, Baku, AZ1073 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Acknowledgement will be sent to short listed candidates only.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff.
Well qualified candidates, particularly female are strongly encouraged to apply.
GENERIC JOB DESCRIPTION PROFESSIONAL POST