If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultancy for a Technical Coordinator and Manager to Develop Special Chapter and Infuse Content on Non Communicable Diseases in UN “Facts for Life” Communication for Development Tool.
Key Competencies, Technical Background, and Experience Required:
- Advanced degree in public health with specific knowledge and expertise in NCDs
- 10 years professional experience in developing country contexts in various regions
- Specific experience in developing training and guidance tools
- Specific experience in designing and executing advocacy strategies.
- Significant experience in facilitating and supporting multi-agency partnerships
- Experience in working across multiple sectors and levels from family, community, institutional and policy levels.
- Experience in applying participatory processes with specific focus on children, adolescents and youth.
- Experience working with UN agencies and UN priorities (ie. Human Rights Based Approach, Vulnerability and Equity, Disabilities etc)
- Familiarity with life cycle approaches.
- Familiarity with development of indicators, evaluation and documentation.
- Knowledge and experience on Non-Communicable Diseases would be an asset.
- Experience working in health promotion and communication on NCDs.
- Highly proficient in use of English. French and Spanish would be an asset.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P-11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html ) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultancy, Develop Special Chapter and Infuse Content on Non Communicable Diseases” by 28 November 2013 , 5:00pm EST. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Please note that
only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.